Articles on health care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJMGrand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, in preparing for interviews, I want to read up more on the health care system and various opinions about it. I tried searching for threads on this but can't find something like this specifically. So if you have recently read a good article or webpage about that health care system that has good information about ways to improve it and other issues, please add it here. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Any book suggestions would be good too. I'm reading The Healing of America by T.R. Reid currently which is pretty informative thus far...

1. There is an entire sub-forum dedicated to discussing these topics. Topics in Healthcare
  2. The issue is so broad and complex that finding a single comprehensive article will be difficult. You'd need a textbook. You can try Realclearpolitic's healthcare page to get links to recent and important articles. Just realize that some may be more objective than others and that you always need to take an author's own political/social views into account when deciding which information to trust.
  3. For basic stuff (HMO vs PPO) wikipedia is probably a good place to start.

You could also read the course companion and required course readings of any Bioethics class...