itchypants73

2+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi,

How common is it for medical students to pay their own member registration fee and also the conference registration fee when submitting abstracts to meetings like ARVO, AAO, NANOS etc. ? Do departments ever cover the cost of one or both dues?

I'm wondering because to submit an ARVO abstract, I'd have to pay something like $110 (membership )+ $20 (conference registration)

Thanks!

DrZeke

yzarc gniog ylwolS
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi,

How common is it for medical students to pay their own member registration fee and also the conference registration fee when submitting abstracts to meetings like ARVO, AAO, NANOS etc. ? Do departments ever cover the cost of one or both dues?

I'm wondering because to submit an ARVO abstract, I'd have to pay something like $110 (membership )+ $20 (conference registration)

Thanks!

My PI used to cover all that for us, but it probably depends on your university/research team and how much money they have ...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.