ARVO - hang out? fun things to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diet_dr_thunder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I'll be flying in Sun morning and leaving MOn night; seems like I have some time to wander around. Since I don't know anyone who will be there - and the thought of looking at posters/schmoozing 10 straight hours isn't all that fun - i figured other med students may want to hang out. PM me. Also, if anyone knows of any fun things to do in Ft. lauderdale thats relatively close to the conf, would appreciate some insight.
thanks
MS2

Members don't see this ad.

well, i for one will be taking call in the icu while you enjoy the warm florida sun. take a cab to A1A (the main road that parallels the beach, you know "beach front avenue" just how vanilla ice "sang" it) and walk along the bike/pedestrian path. instead of eating the $$ catered food at the convention center, have lunch at one of those many restaurants by the beach that have those outdoor tables with benches that sway while you contimplate how the water can be "that blue." have fun!

diet_dr_thunder said:
Hey guys
I'll be flying in Sun morning and leaving MOn night; seems like I have some time to wander around. Since I don't know anyone who will be there - and the thought of looking at posters/schmoozing 10 straight hours isn't all that fun - i figured other med students may want to hang out. PM me. Also, if anyone knows of any fun things to do in Ft. lauderdale thats relatively close to the conf, would appreciate some insight.
thanks
MS2

ARVO should put MD or PhD on the badges....then you know who you are talking to.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard that a while back, optoms were blocked from attending one of the big ophthalmology conferences because it was claimed they were using such attendance to justify expansion of scope into surgery (lol). was it arvo? or was it some other oph conference of some sort? just kinda curious here.

I think you are referring to the american academy of ophthalmology (AAO) annual conference.

14_of_spades said:
i heard that a while back, optoms were blocked from attending one of the big ophthalmology conferences because it was claimed they were using such attendance to justify expansion of scope into surgery (lol). was it arvo? or was it some other oph conference of some sort? just kinda curious here.