As a premed, what was your STIMULANT of choice (if any. . .) ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Fly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scoob gave me the idea for this when he posted on ritalin/adderall in the lounge . . .

The poll format allows for sufficient anonymity such that I believe that people will be honest in their posting to the poll.

So. . . What was your stimulant of choice as an undergraduate -- you can check all that apply!

Members don't see this ad.

I sincerely hope this doesn't get moved to the lounge because (as unscientific as this is), I am
involved in research on this topic and as such, am
very interested in the topic of undergraduate/graduate prescription stimulant use and it's explosive increase in use among college/grad students over the past 5-10 years.

Thanks everyone!

I'd vote but "Stacker 2" isn't an option. I can't believe that stuff is even legal but it got me through quite a few all-night paper writing sessions in college. Good stuff as long as you use it sparingly and have no heart conditions.

Supposedly it's a fat burner but you need to take quite a few (3 per day) to see any real effects from it if it works at all. I can't imaging taking more than 1 per day because it really is potent. Put it this way, it makes No-Doz look like NyQuil.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Fly,
Those of us who work out know that performance pills such as Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, and ECA Stack are also great ways to keep you up at night a good eight hours after taking them. They have a high dose of caffeine but also include ephedra(ephedrine). I used these a lot to help me stay up and still use them to keep me up during my graveyard shift at work(10pm-6:30am). Rough!!! Consider adding this to your list.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by zealous:
•The Fly,
Those of us who work out know that performance pills such as Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, and ECA Stack are also great ways to keep you up at night a good eight hours after taking them. They have a high dose of caffeine but also include ephedra(ephedrine). I used these a lot to help me stay up and still use them to keep me up during my graveyard shift at work(10pm-6:30am). Rough!!! Consider adding this to your list.•••••i just used willpower to stay up during my graveyards. i found i was more alert that way. caffeine keeps me up, but my mind isn't working at all. so i ended up just losing sleep.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by zealous:
•The Fly,
Those of us who work out know that performance pills such as Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, and ECA Stack are also great ways to keep you up at night a good eight hours after taking them. They have a high dose of caffeine but also include ephedra(ephedrine). I used these a lot to help me stay up and still use them to keep me up during my graveyard shift at work(10pm-6:30am). Rough!!! Consider adding this to your list.•••••Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

You guys are SO right!!!

I DO lift and I have seen those ECA stacks with all that ephedra and 'ma huang' and it totally blew my mind . . . I don't think I can change my poll though. . .

Maybe I'll repost!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Explosivo:
•I'd vote but "Stacker 2" isn't an option. I can't believe that stuff is even legal but it got me through quite a few all-night paper writing sessions in college. Good stuff as long as you use it sparingly and have no heart conditions.

Supposedly it's a fat burner but you need to take quite a few (3 per day) to see any real effects from it if it works at all. I can't imaging taking more than 1 per day because it really is potent. Put it this way, it makes No-Doz look like NyQuil.•••••The problem with all of those is the autonomic nervous system side effects -- all that sympathetic stimulation -- racing heartbeat, tremor in your hands and movement, etc. . . it makes taking those very dangerous for your cardiovascular system. . . that's why they pulled that PPA stuff off the market that used to be in those over-the-counter appetite suppressants, as it raised the risk of stroke in young women with no previous cardiovascular history to an unacceptably high level.

How is it possible that the % of those who have used prescription stimulants is barely more than a couple of percent. . . ??? :confused:

I guess you're all a healthy bunch! But these percentages are much lower than the national averages for college students. . . :)

my only stimulant is my love for the subject. and crack.

Make the choices to include Red Bull

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•Make the choices to include Red Bull•••••With or without vodka ? :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by The Fly:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•Make the choices to include Red Bull•••••With or without vodka ? :wink: •••••With vodka? The modern day absinthe (really!), which by the way was the favored drink of such artistic notables as Picasso and Van Gogh. I've actually had the opportunity to compare, and it's a similar kind of high, although I thought absinthe was more potent. By the way, absinthe is illegal, and has been for over a century, I think, in most industrialized countries, so don't bother looking for it at your local liquer store...

Nanon