As of today: How many interviews do you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many interview invitations do you have?

Votes: 36 31.0%

Votes: 25 21.6%

Votes: 14 12.1%

Votes: 19 16.4%

Votes: 7 6.0%

Votes: 6 5.2%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9+

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

inhiding

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I keep seeing all these posts about people having interviews. I only have 1 interview and thought that THAT interview was scheduled early :confused:.

How many interviews do you have at this time? Do Texas residents have early interviews and is that what I'm seeing?:confused: Or am I behind and need to contact schools? I've had most of my secondaries submitted for at least a month if not longer.

Members don't see this ad.

4 (2 MD, 2 DO), there are a bunch of schools which haven't even begun to issue interviews yet. It is only august don't freak out yet. I know it is hard not to, I still can't help but to constantly check my email/status pages/ sdn for new interview news.

Also, be grateful for your interview there are tons of people who don't have any yet!

I have 2 MD. Both out of state. I'm trying so very hard to be patient, but it's not working out for me so well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received one more today!:D:D:D I have 2 so far (crossing fingers for more). Both are MDs one out of state one instate. Super happy about it!!!:D:D:D

4 Md - 3 IS, 1OOS.. three of which are next week!

2MD, 3DO - Still really nervous that I may not get in this year.

5, but I applied to 23 schools!

4 interviews (3 rejections)

Members don't see this ad :)
2 MD, 1 is, 1 oos

I, too, just have to keep telling myself it's only august.

zero interviews, 3 rejections

i am HOPING to believe that it's still early

3... but they all came like 2 weeks ago and since then nothing...

4 all OOS, but all came at or around the same time...

2 MD, OOS, but at the very beginning and nothing since then.

5 in the past ;)

2 this year: 1 IS, 1 OOS. There was about a month between the invitations.

You had 5 interviews last year and didn't get anacceptance?? Oh dear.. Here I thought with 3 or 4 interviews I was golden.. How many interviews does it take to have a good chance at an acceptance?

You had 5 interviews last year and didn't get anacceptance?? Oh dear.. Here I thought with 3 or 4 interviews I was golden.. How many interviews does it take to have a good chance at an acceptance?
4 last year, 1 3 years ago

it really only takes 2-3 to have a good chance. my case is abnormal -- I had really bad letters of recommendation.

4- all OOS. Hold at 1 place. I got 3 of these within a week of each other. Haven't heard from anywhere in about a week. 18 applications labeled as completed. These were "complete" over the course of the 1st 2 weeks of August.

0 =(

Not too worried, but it's definitely hard to see everyone getting invites to places. BUT a lot of the 15 places I applied to haven't even started sending interview invites yet, and the people getting interviews at the other schools were complete a fair bit before me.

...that's what I keep telling myself at least

0 =(

Not too worried, but it's definitely hard to see everyone getting invites to places. BUT a lot of the 15 places I applied to haven't even started sending interview invites yet, and the people getting interviews at the other schools were complete a fair bit before me.

...that's what I keep telling myself at least

Yeah, I think that's probably the case for me...at least I'm pretty sure my state schools haven't given out interviews yet. But geez.

Want. To. Hear. NOW.

Wow you guys are way ahead of the game. congrats

1 so far a week ago..Not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, I'm glad my application was viewed positively by someone, but on the other hand, why aren't more doing the same? Oh well, I guess it's still early.

Here's to waiting for more!

Congrats to everyone with multiple interviews so far!

Ive had some really bad luck with my letters and they STILL haven't gotten there yet. After finalyl getting them all sent out, apparently one was 'lost' in the mail and amcas never received it. but somehow without letters ive still managed to get 3 so far, one at a really good oos school. so im happy. but im still irritated at the stupid mail system.

3 so far for me... 1 auto-invite, 1 possible auto-invite, 1 from my undergrad's med school

2 MD: 1 OOS, 1 IS. I got one last week and one this week. I'm very excited, and VERY impatient. I want more!

4 last year, 1 3 years ago

it really only takes 2-3 to have a good chance. my case is abnormal -- I had really bad letters of recommendation.

:eek: How did you find this out???

Do med schools not read your LORs before send an interview invite? :confused:

:eek: How did you find this out???

Do med schools not read your LORs before send an interview invite? :confused:
I don't think most schools do, no.

I found out because some schools will review your file and let you know how to improve. I also knew it wasn't strong beforehand.. I was stupid for using it.

2 interview invites and no rejections (so far). I'm a bit upset b/c it seems like Pitt was an auto-invite... The other one I have a sibling who is an alumni

ZERO! :( but I've only finished 6 secondaries and did that all within the last two weeks so I'm trying to be patient :D

3 OOS total, for this third cycle.

First time I applied, I had two; second time around, two more. Kinda makes you wonder.

ZERO.

I'm waiting for my committee letters to go out! ARGH

4 - all OOS
(3 of them came this week)

1 OOS, 3 rejections OOS (2 pre-sec, 1 post-sec)... I have completed 36 secondaries and await 6 more... Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

I got my fourth one today - 2 IS, 2 OOS. The IS doesn't really matter, since I'll have already started school far, far away, and need to fly back anyway. :(

My parents (my only relatives here in the US) are going to be in China for a large chunk of sept/october, so I'm totally freaking out. I keep thinking that I'm going to break a leg or something terrible, and they won't be around to magically patch things up. :rolleyes:

armybound and hoqhuuep:

When were your interview invites given in the past years? Do you think having them in August gives you a better chance, or did you hear from the schools early and just didn't hear from more? Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I don't think most schools do, no.

I found out because some schools will review your file and let you know how to improve. I also knew it wasn't strong beforehand.. I was stupid for using it.

What kind of person writes a bad letter of recommendation? :mad:

Was it unflattering or merely neutral?

Zero.

Of course, my wise premed committee won't even meet until next week...

What kind of person writes a bad letter of recommendation? :mad:

Was it unflattering or merely neutral?
They didn't tell me that much. It was probably unflattering. This came from one of my school's pre-med committee members. Apparently he was unimpressed with my grades and lack of activities the first time I applied, which was 3 years ago. I knew it wasn't going to be a great letter, so I was stupid to reuse it.

Zero interviews here...although...i only submitted my primary app. two weeks ago...lol... by SDN standards i am..1, 2, about 2.25 months late on that one...

I have one interview (IS), but I am Early Decision, so I won't be getting anymore for awhile! Actually, hopefully I won't get anymore because I won't need to apply anywhere else!

WooHooo got my first one today!:D That makes 1 IS MD interview for me

YAY!!! I haven't heard anything yet so no rejections!