ASA website referring to AANA as nurse anesthesiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTCAwesome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211026-152347.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 344975

Don’t kid yourself - the ASA masquerades as an advocacy group, but it exists to make money above all else. If calling them nurse anesthesiologists will cause even a minor uptick in the sales of their BS continuing education materials, they will happily do so.

YOU as a physician are a captive audience whose hand is all but forced into subscribing to their BS, so they know they will get money from you already.

Reactions: 2 users
My guess is that this is managed by the staff side of ASA completely unbeknownst to the physician side.

Reactions: 1 users
Make no mistake. The ASA is there to milk us, period. THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CRNAs taking over the market. As long as we are stupid to pay the ASA annual fees, attending their expensive and useless meetings, etc. they will keep doing what they're doing. Another wake up call for all of us here.

And with that, I will stop donating annually to the ASA until they stop this nonsense

In the ASA’s defense, that name is officially the name. They could change their name to the American association of nurse assassins and, for the sake of accuracy, that is the name that should be reflected as the accrediting body of the CNE. If you want to get on their case it’s that they should be fighting legally against title misrepresentation to force the name change back.

In the ASA’s defense, that name is officially the name. They could change their name to the American association of nurse assassins and, for the sake of accuracy, that is the name that should be reflected as the accrediting body of the CNE. If you want to get on their case it’s that they should be fighting legally against title misrepresentation to force the name change back.

And they have been, across the country.

The website has been changed. The last paragraph removed and replaced with a notice to call the ASA with questions on other accreditation.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
still. wtf is a physician anesthesiologist? there is only anesthesiologist, you get one or you don't. period.
Maybe its just me and where i work but I've never heard an anesthesiologist use the phrase 'physician anesthesiologist" and I've never heard a CRNA say "nurse anesthesiologist." In fact we have a pretty harmonious relationship.

Maybe its just me and where i work but I've never heard an anesthesiologist use the phrase 'physician anesthesiologist" and I've never heard a CRNA say "nurse anesthesiologist." In fact we have a pretty harmonious relationship.
It’s all a facade. They do not believe in a supervision model. I hope your group manages to stay that way. But, truth is it is just another small step to claim equality and close the wage gap while clamoring for independence. For the ASA to passively acquiesce is chicken sht cowardice and needs to be called out. Crnas are not your friends. They are waging war and kicking our collective @zzes.

just another small step to claim equality and close the wage gap while clamoring for independence
Yep. This should serve as motivation to never stop learning. It's important to demonstrate and maintain the knowledge and skill gap.

Yep. This should serve as motivation to never stop learning. It's important to demonstrate and maintain the knowledge and skill gap.
Nobody cares about your “knowledge and skills”. It’s all about providing the cheapest service so long as you don’t actually kill the patient….

Nobody cares about your “knowledge and skills”. It’s all about providing the cheapest service so long as you don’t actually kill the patient….

That's 100% the truth

And even if they do kill the patient do they even care

That's 100% the truth

And even if they do kill the patient do they even care
Patients care about not dying. Their families care about family members not dying. But since the ASA is, as someone perfectly stated above, a bunch of chicken****s, they won't do what's necessary which is a PR campaign to inform the public. They're afraid of the backlash.

Whatever...so sick of this crap

Patients care about not dying. Their families care about family members not dying. But since the ASA is, as someone perfectly stated above, a bunch of chicken****s, they won't do what's necessary which is a PR campaign to inform the public. They're afraid of the backlash.

Whatever...so sick of this crap

They are worried about their job at home or their next job.