ascending cholangitis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freakystud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
why intermittent jaundice happens in ascending cholangitis?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

why intermittent jaundice happens in ascending cholangitis?:confused:

obvious troll. What kind of person that doesn't know how to write english has "freakystud" as their username?

Members don't see this ad :)
you're awesome, dude. I love your blog entries.

i think you accidentally a word

Ascending cholangitis results in the malfunction of the sphincter of Oddi.

Sphincter of Oddi is involved with bilirubin (and bile) release into the duodenum.

Because of this decreased function, hyperbilirubinemia results.

Jaundice occurs.

Ascending cholangitis results in the malfunction of the sphincter of Oddi.

Sphincter of Oddi is involved with bilirubin (and bile) release into the duodenum.

Because of this decreased function, hyperbilirubinemia results.

Jaundice occurs.

Ascending cholangitis involves sphinctor of oddi malfunction? you sure about that? It's ascending not descending.

When bacteria ascend from the duodenum into the biliary tract (usually through sphincter of oddi) this is ascending cholangitis. Descending cholangitis refers to microorganisms entering the biliary tract through the liver or systemic circulation. Sorry so terse, im replying through my iphone.

Sorry. It should read, sphincter obstruction causes cholangitis. Most cases of sphincter obstruction involve gallstones. This causes biliary flow stagnation allowing for bacteria to ascend into the biliary tract. Inflammation occurs, bilirubin release is inhibited, and you get jaundice.

i know the causes of jaundice guys.. my question is why jaundice is INTERMITTENT??? (on and off)

Status
Not open for further replies.