Tzubo

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I am going through the released questions. 1L 2004 drives me mad. it is incredible hard. Only half of my answers are correct. Anyone have the same experience? i will give the test by the end of the month, have to work harder.

Mar 20, 2010
Status
Dentist
i will be about to do in one or 2 days.. will post once i will do.. r u doing only subject wise or series wise???

Mar 20, 2010
Status
Dentist
dont worry buddy.. we all are in same boat..

toothfairy482

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Non-Student
If you are feeling this way about paper L then I would suggest you are NOT ready for the exam. The actual exam is 2X worse than paper L.
Any topic that is making you go :eek: means you have not studied it well. I suggest you move your date and study well before attempting.:thumbup:

+1, Glad to know I'm not alone.

Some questions are like :eek: huh?

maro3

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
hi,
please which one is better examaster or crack nbde ,are they realy useful ?

toothfairy482

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Non-Student
They are both really good. I did crack NBDE 2 wks before my exam and examaster I did along w/ my preparation. I actually scored 2 pts higher than I did on crack nbde but examster is TOUGH because I used to get scores in the 60's so that woudl scare me. Its all about how well you want to be prepared at the end.

hi,
please which one is better examaster or crack nbde ,are they realy useful ?

Tzubo

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
These questions are selected from 1L. If these are the real questions from old exam, I guess the review books and decks are totally useless.

63. Cell bodies of neurons mediating proprioception from the periodontal ligament of the maxillary first molar lie in the
A. semilunar ganglion
B. motor nucleus of V
C. spinal nucleus of V
D. chief sensory nucleus of V
E. mesencephalic nucleus of V

184. Which of the following glucose transporters was responsible for the patient's "insulin reaction"?
A. GLUT-1
B. GLUT-2
C. GLUT-3
D. GLUT-4
E. GLUT-5

202. Which of the following pairs of amino acids is expected to be found on the interior of a globular protein
A. Lysin and arginine
B. Arginine and leucine
C. Leucine and valine
D. Valine and glutamic acid
E. Glutamic acid and lysine

298. Which of the following structures travels just posterior to the arch of the azygos vein?
A. hemiazygos vein
B. Right vagus nerve
C. Left vagus nerve
D. Right lymphatic duct
E. Greater splanchnic nerve

Truth seeker

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
These questions are selected from 1L. If these are the real questions from old exam, I guess the review books and decks are totally useless.

63. Cell bodies of neurons mediating proprioception from the periodontal ligament of the maxillary first molar lie in the
A. semilunar ganglion
B. motor nucleus of V
C. spinal nucleus of V
D. chief sensory nucleus of V
E. mesencephalic nucleus of V (answer)

184. Which of the following glucose transporters was responsible for the patient's "insulin reaction"?
A. GLUT-1
B. GLUT-2
C. GLUT-3
D. GLUT-4 (answer)
E. GLUT-5

202. Which of the following pairs of amino acids is expected to be found on the interior of a globular protein
A. Lysin and arginine
B. Arginine and leucine
C. Leucine and valine
D. Valine and glutamic acid
E. Glutamic acid and lysine

298. Which of the following structures travels just posterior to the arch of the azygos vein?
A. hemiazygos vein
B. Right vagus nerve(answer)
C. Left vagus nerve
D. Right lymphatic duct
E. Greater splanchnic nerve
Hey pls confirm and post the answers , am yet to do I-L

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2010
Status
Dental Student
i agree its tough.. IL series.. :cool:
yeah this exam is hard but after u go over it after u took it, u ll realize u know more than u thought ( i miss some qs because i was thinking too hard-) I only got 250 right which is not cool but im planning on retaking it some time this wk and Im sure I ll improve( or have to improve cuz my exam is in mid July)..
GOOD LUCK 2 ALL of us, let's keep the faith up.

joefosho315

10+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey
the ans for 202 is C (Only C is essential a.a.. thats how i got it right! PVT TIM HALL) hope this help.
I think C is correct not because they're essential AA but because they're the only hydrophobic AA's listed. The interior of all globular proteins is hydrophobic, with their exteriors being hydrophilic.