ASDOH Class of 2011!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentHopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-- just wanted to get in touch some people I'll be going to school with this coming July :) -- Are there any inexpensive apartments next to campus that you guys know of?

Members don't see this ad.

If anybody has any suggestions on housing communities in the vacinity that are reasonably priced it would be greatly appreciated also....

I grabbed an apartment guide after my interview. They have 1 bedrooms for about 500-600, and theyre pretty nice. Most even have pools and gyms, and are very close to campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking for roommates so if your interested let me know.... I have a three bedroom house so looking for two people!! PM if you're interested....

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I was really concerned about ASDOH's accreditation status, "Initial Accreditation - Intent to Withdraw 1/2007," considering that it affected my ability to qualify for student loans, scholarships, and affected my chances of specializing and possibly licensure.

Well, I have good news for us all. I emailed CODA yesterday and here was the reply that I got:

"The Commission on Dental Accreditation met yesterday and considered the special focused site visit report for the dental education program sponsored by the Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health in Mesa, AZ. The Commission adopted a resolution that changed the program's accreditation status from "initial accreditation intent to withdraw 1/2007" to "initial accreditation." The regularly scheduled pre-graduation site visit to the program will be conducted in April 2007. I'm please to report to you that the program is back on track to become fully-accredited."

Looks like we can all put our minds at ease now! See you in July...:)

I'm looking for 1-2 roommate(s), too. I live in the Phoenix area right now, but I'm looking to buy a 2-3 bedroom townhouse by school. Let me know if you're interested. There's a link on the school website, too, that lists nearby apartment complexes and cost of rent, etc.

I currently live in AZ- close to the dental school. I will be moving out of state for dental school and am looking at renting my house. It would be the perfect house for a family or a group of friends. It is 2600 sq. ft and 4 bedrooms/3 baths. If anyone is interested in renting or possibly purchasing...PM me

Congratulation to all of you, and welcome to ASDOH. I'm sure you'll all love it here, because my whole class does. I would say that apartment prices close to the school will be around $700-750 for a one bedroom. If you are single you might also consider getting two-three of you together and rent a home. A three bedroom 2 bath 1300+ sq ft. home close to the school will run you $900-1100+ depending on exactly what you are looking for. My wife and I are renting a 3bed/2bath 2 car garage home 4 miles from school for $1,000 a month which also includes cable and yard care through the HOA paid for by the owner. If three of you were to get into something like that you'ld only pay $350 per person. Now compare that with $700+. Anyway there are a ton of homes available in the area, all you have to do is do a google search for rental homes in Higley/Gilbert/Mesa and you'll have a bunch of resources available to you. If you like the apartment idea, some of the closest apartment complexes to the school include: Sandbridge, San Angelo, Sonoma Landing, The Groves etc. I'm sure the schools website can give a lot more information on the subject. Feel free to PM me if you've got more questions.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I was really concerned about ASDOH's accreditation status, "Initial Accreditation - Intent to Withdraw 1/2007," considering that it affected my ability to qualify for student loans, scholarships, and affected my chances of specializing and possibly licensure.

It was never an issue, but I'm glad your mind is at ease.

Hey anyone get accpeted to ASDOH after the middle of Janruary? If Someone knows the date that they will be sending out more acceptances please let us know! I am sooo wanting in! Peace.

It was never an issue, but I'm glad your mind is at ease.
Sir, with all due respect, you're HIGH if you really think "It was NEVER an issue." Are you kidding me, of course it was an issue. If you really think it wasn't an issue, then why don't you take a few minutes and talk to the numerous authorities in the field that make up CODA and evaluate all dental schools nationwide (oh wait, you're a 4th year dental student, so you obviously have more knowledge on the subject compared to them...get real). By saying it was never an issue; you are essentially saying that accreditation is not relevant to schools. From high school, college/university, post-grad, law, medical & dental schools, accreditation is something that can not be taken lightly. Why don't you do a little research and see how many schools in the last 50 years have lost their initial accreditation status during the first 4 years of operation. News flash...ASDOH is king of that prom.

Granted, the issues seem to be minor and ASDOH appears to be on the cutting edge of teaching students the finer points in the art of dentistry, but if you think the class of 2011 shouldn't have been paying very close attention to this issue and instead just planting their collective heads in the sand, then you really are more high than I originally thought.

Fixcaries was dead on when he/she stated that it was a concern. Very smart. If ASDOH didn't 'Pass' this evaluation, it would have affected all incoming students...from student loans (translation: NO student loan funding on non-accredited school), graduation status and board cert eligibility.

The one thing I must state after lurking on this forum for a while yet never writing (since I'm not going to dental school next year...that privilege & joy is reserved for my wife...and yes, one of the schools she was accepted to is ASDOH and it's at the top of her list for possible schools to attend next year) is the lack of reported fact. With that being said, please don't think I'm bashing the school...to be absolutely clear, I'm bashing your flippant, 'ho-hum' attitude you've demonstrated numerous times on this topic in numerous threads.

I'm blown away with the lack of actual knowledge/fact that is reported by the majority on this forum which is instead replaced with a proliferation of 'he said, she said' rumors that usually prove to have little substance and almost no foundation. Kind of reminds me of visiting my grandparent's farm during my youth in the summers and listening to the 'country kids' talk about big city life even though they had almost no experiences in life outside of their bucolic upbringing.

Accreditation is one of the MOST important things a new school strives for, to say it was NEVER an issue even though numerous authorities (with over a centuries worth of expertise in the field of dentistry) deemed there were sufficient deficiencies at ASDOH to warrant a status change to the '...w/ intent to withdraw' classification WAS a big deal.

It's NOT common, it was NOT good and it WAS an issue. But then again what do you care...unlike the class of 2011 (if CODAs ruling wouldn't have been favorable) you had your student loans secured almost 4 years ago and no matter what happened at the end of JAN, you would still be eligible for board cert upon graduation.

Kind of reminds me of visiting my grandparent’s farm during my youth in the summers and listening to the 'country kids' talk about big city life even though they had almost no experiences in life outside of their bucolic upbringing.

Wow. . .that is harsh and arrogant. Talk about being high.

Sir, with all due respect, you're HIGH if you really think "It was NEVER an issue." Are you kidding me, of course it was an issue. If you really think it wasn't an issue, then why don't you take a few minutes and talk to the numerous authorities in the field that make up CODA and evaluate all dental schools nationwide (oh wait, you're a 4th year dental student, so you obviously have more knowledge on the subject compared to them...get real). By saying it was never an issue; you are essentially saying that accreditation is not relevant to schools. From high school, college/university, post-grad, law, medical & dental schools, accreditation is something that can not be taken lightly.

Amen Verdugo...you speak the truth!!! It's about time someone said it, I applaud you for it. I felt the same way. Arrogant & harsh? Are you guys serious...what he said is dead on correct. I wrote about this very topic on another thread and pretty much got the same response (i.e. the majority of people on this forum could care less about a little accreditation problem which was unbelievable to both me & my wife). Hey Verdugo, my wife too is going to school next year & I appreciate the candid remarks...that's what makes a real forum great. For those that think this is arrogant or harsh...you need to grow a little thicker skin, step back and understand the underlying point of his post.

Personally, I kind of enjoyed the analogy of growing up in the country vs. the city. I hardly think he was making fun of people that grew up in the country, but merely stating that sheltered kids that have only spent their time on a farm usually have a pretty warped opinion of what it's really like in the city (and vice versa). That was not arrogant nor harsh, just stating fact.

ASDOH's accreditation issue was a big deal, no matter how much current students of the school love to down play it. For those that don't agree, I suggest you take Verdugo's advice and talk with some real experts from CODA before you start passing judgment with nothing more than personal opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that think this is arrogant or harsh...you need to grow a little thicker skin, step back and understand the underlying point of his post.

Personally, I kind of enjoyed the analogy of growing up in the country vs. the city. I hardly think he was making fun of people that grew up in the country, but merely stating that sheltered kids that have only spent their time on a farm usually have a pretty warped opinion of what it’s really like in the city (and vice versa). That was not arrogant nor harsh, just stating fact.

My skin is plenty thick, tust me. And I do understand the underlying point and agree with it. However, I just think it is silly to make points from a generalization about people based on where they are from or what they may have or have not experienced. Why would you assume kids are sheltered because they are from the "country? or from a farm? Couldn't the same be true for kids from the city who haven't experienced anything outside of the city? I guess I get tired of the stereotypes and in his context sound harsh and arrogant. Does one think they know more about life because they are from the city?

My skin is plenty thick, tust me. And I do understand the underlying point and agree with it. However, I just think it is silly to make points from a generalization about people based on where they are from or what they may have or have not experienced. Why would you assume kids are sheltered because they are from the "country? or from a farm? Couldn't the same be true for kids from the city who haven't experienced anything outside of the city? I guess I get tired of the stereotypes and in his context sound harsh and arrogant. Does one think they know more about life because they are from the city?

You're missing my point (and I'm pretty sure the meaning of Verdugo's statement, although I can't speak for him but only give my opinion). Please re-read my post. A kid that has only experienced life on a farm is sheltered from city life and vice versa (which is exactly what I said in my previous post). That is not a stereotype, that is fact. I don't think any generalization were made based on where people grow up, you are reading too much into it. I believe the analogy was trying to point out how someone that has only spent time on a farm can not explain what it's like to live in the city (and again, vice versa). Therefore it's silly for either one of those kids to try and speak with authority on the other subject. There is nothing arrogant in that point IMO.

I think the analogy was how current dental students (and future dental students) can not speak of what CODA does because they have never worked for CODA and do not have the knowledge to speak of what they evaluate. Nothing more, nothing less.

But alas, I digress; we are getting way off topic and quickly high jacking this thread. My initial post was simply commending Verdugo's post because I completely agree that the accreditation issues of ASDOH (and any school for that matter) was very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly IMO. Although I wasn't there for CODA's site visit in OCT, I highly doubt any current student would be dumb enough to walk up to the evaluators and say, "Hey CODA, I know you're here to evaluate us but we all know this is really not an issue!" And because of that simple point, I have to agree with Verdugo when he pulled the BS flag out and called a spade a spade. I guess us married men with our sugar mama wife’s going to dental school next year have to stick together. Cheers.

The one thing I must state after lurking on this forum for a while yet never writing (since I'm not going to dental school next year...that privilege & joy is reserved for my wifeFONT]

Does your wife know you are on here? I admire a man who can let his wife wear the pants. I've found all of these posts super entertaining. especially from the two of you who are knocking people for not being experts on things they know nothing about. It reminds me of a story. Once upon a time there were 2 guys who whose wives were going to go to dental school so they, by proxy, became experts on the subject and taught everyone else, who was already in dental school, a lesson about dental school. the end:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

Does your wife know you are on here? I admire a man who can let his wife wear the pants. I've found all of these posts super entertaining. especially from the two of you who are knocking people for not being experts on things they know nothing about. It reminds me of a story. Once upon a time there were 2 guys who whose wives were going to go to dental school so they, by proxy, became experts on the subject and taught everyone else, who was already in dental school, a lesson about dental school. the end:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

News flash Jr., I don't need the wife to authorize what I can & can't do on our computer. You obviously are not married based on such a juvenile statement. I can't speak for Verdugo, but I would like to think he's in the same boat.

Open your mind, read all the posts again & pay attention...when did either one of us state we are an expert on dental school? Seriously, please quote those passages if you think they exist because I missed them.

The topic is CODA and their expertise & authority on accreditation status. Are you stating that you have more knowledge than the members of CODA? I'm not & I know Verdugo wasn't. The only thing entertaining is how so many young, bright individuals fail to comprehend the simple message that nobody should take an accreditation status change from "Initial Accreditation" to "Initial Accreditation with the intent to withdraw" lightly. Us dumb, good-for-nothing, lazy, beer-guzzling, no job-holding, non-pant-wearing husbands (those are all facts if your wife is going to be a dentist...right?) are only pointing out that apparently difficult fact to comprehend. Again, don't read too much into it and try and remember what the discussion is about.

P.S. The wife looks great in pants and anything else for that matter...thanks for caring!:thumbup:

I guess us married men with our sugar mama wife’s going to dental school next year have to stick together. Cheers.
LOL. That was a good one. Yeah, I'm over this 'discussion'...obviously some on here are easily side tracked and miss the main point I was trying to make.

If it makes everyone feel better...You're all right (not you Moby33...you are mean & stupid like me), CODA are not the experts, even though accreditation status change is EXTREMELY rare it's really not a big deal & never was, farmers are dumb (or was it city kids are dumb...I lost track...oh wait, I never said either) and all us husbands that have wives going to dental school obviously have no life & incapable of doing anything but opening & closing the doors for our pants wearing wives. Unbelievable. Cheers right back at ya.

Sir, with all due respect, you're HIGH if you really think "It was NEVER an issue." Are you kidding me, of course it was an issue. If you really think it wasn't an issue, then why don't you take a few minutes and talk to the numerous authorities in the field that make up CODA and evaluate all dental schools nationwide (oh wait, you're a 4th year dental student, so you obviously have more knowledge on the subject compared to them...get real). By saying it was never an issue; you are essentially saying that accreditation is not relevant to schools. From high school, college/university, post-grad, law, medical & dental schools, accreditation is something that can not be taken lightly. Why don't you do a little research and see how many schools in the last 50 years have lost their initial accreditation status during the first 4 years of operation. News flash...ASDOH is king of that prom.

Granted, the issues seem to be minor and ASDOH appears to be on the cutting edge of teaching students the finer points in the art of dentistry, but if you think the class of 2011 shouldn't have been paying very close attention to this issue and instead just planting their collective heads in the sand, then you really are more high than I originally thought.

Fixcaries was dead on when he/she stated that it was a concern. Very smart. If ASDOH didn't 'Pass' this evaluation, it would have affected all incoming students...from student loans (translation: NO student loan funding on non-accredited school), graduation status and board cert eligibility.

The one thing I must state after lurking on this forum for a while yet never writing (since I'm not going to dental school next year...that privilege & joy is reserved for my wife...and yes, one of the schools she was accepted to is ASDOH and it's at the top of her list for possible schools to attend next year) is the lack of reported fact. With that being said, please don't think I'm bashing the school...to be absolutely clear, I'm bashing your flippant, 'ho-hum' attitude you've demonstrated numerous times on this topic in numerous threads.

I'm blown away with the lack of actual knowledge/fact that is reported by the majority on this forum which is instead replaced with a proliferation of 'he said, she said' rumors that usually prove to have little substance and almost no foundation. Kind of reminds me of visiting my grandparent’s farm during my youth in the summers and listening to the 'country kids' talk about big city life even though they had almost no experiences in life outside of their bucolic upbringing.

Accreditation is one of the MOST important things a new school strives for, to say it was NEVER an issue even though numerous authorities (with over a centuries worth of expertise in the field of dentistry) deemed there were sufficient deficiencies at ASDOH to warrant a status change to the '...w/ intent to withdraw' classification WAS a big deal.

It's NOT common, it was NOT good and it WAS an issue. But then again what do you care...unlike the class of 2011 (if CODAs ruling wouldn't have been favorable) you had your student loans secured almost 4 years ago and no matter what happened at the end of JAN, you would still be eligible for board cert upon graduation.

This is by far the best second post I have ever seen. I couldn't agree more. :)

lol @ ASDOH threads. :laugh:

What is it about them that invites so much bickering?

NEWSFLASH to those who don't got to dental school but think they know all: CODA told us students here at ASDOH that it wasn't a big deal and never was. There was a communication error to CODA about what was already being done at ASDOH. CODA didn't understand what had been presented in a report and needed to come out in JAN and see for themselves. CODA explained to us students who actually attend the school the "Intent to Withdrawl" was only a formality. There was never any real concern on the part of CODA or the school that there would be a loss of accredidation.

So, can i guess that you know-it-alls are really just a couple of farm boys?

NEWSFLASH to those who don't got to dental school but think they know all: CODA told us students here at ASDOH that it wasn't a big deal and never was. There was a communication error to CODA about what was already being done at ASDOH. CODA didn't understand what had been presented in a report and needed to come out in JAN and see for themselves. CODA explained to us students who actually attend the school the "Intent to Withdrawl" was only a formality. There was never any real concern on the part of CODA or the school that there would be a loss of accredidation.

So, can i guess that you know-it-alls are really just a couple of farm boys?
NEWSFLASH: I hope you work on teeth better than your spelling/grammar.

Also, you left out a few deficiencies that CODA had to re-evaluate...but I can't say I was very surprised to see a response like this. There's nothing like telling half the story to defend your position.

You don't have to be a current student to evaluate CODAs findings...if anything, those of us that are not current students are probably looking at this issue with much more unbiased eyes than those of you that seem to take any mention of CODA stripping your beloved school of accreditation as a direct, personal slap in the face. If it was never an issue and you truly believe this fact, then why even bother defending yourself so adamantly to all us ignorant country bumpkins? Kind of makes you think...hummmm....

Rock on man, whatever floats your boat.

NEWSFLASH: I hope you work on teeth better than your spelling/grammar.

Also, you left out a few deficiencies that CODA had to re-evaluate...but I can't say I was very surprised to see a response like this. There's nothing like telling half the story to defend your position.

You don't have to be a current student to evaluate CODAs findings...if anything, those of us that are not current students are probably looking at this issue with much more unbiased eyes than those of you that seem to take any mention of CODA stripping your beloved school of accreditation as a direct, personal slap in the face. If it was never an issue and you truly believe this fact, then why even bother defending yourself so adamantly to all us ignorant country bumpkins? Kind of makes you think...hummmm....

Rock on man, whatever floats your boat.

I guess then what you are asking current and applying applicants to do, is to pay more attention to your ranting, than to what was told by CODA representitives to current students during a meeting that took place at their last site visit. I haven't quite figured out your real intentions, but you do come across as angry! Man, I'm sorry if this has just been a rough day and you needed to take it out on your computer......

I guess then what you are asking current and applying applicants to do, is to pay more attention to your ranting, than to what was told by CODA representitives to current students during a meeting that took place at their last site visit. I haven't quite figured out your real intentions, but you do come across as angry! Man, I'm sorry if this has just been a rough day and you needed to take it out on your computer......
Yep, very angry...you nailed it Sherlock. Thanks for the entertaining exchange, it's been real. Would love to keep chatting about this captivating topic, but I've got to go kick the dog now. Cheers.

Wow everyone is so positive.. I am going to az next year and was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate. I am a guy into sports and stuff like that and easy to get along with.. Pm me if anyone is interested

I've done a lot of research on this topic over the last couple of days, and although I still don't know much, what I have found out is that withdrawal of accreditation is not something that happens automatically, nor does it happen quickly. In fact, a program must be on probation for 2 years before its accreditation is taken away. During this time, they can "fix" whatever problems there are, pay their fees, and regain accreditation.
New schools such as ASDOH cannot gain accreditation until they graduate their first class, which will occur in the next few months.

As far as other dental schools that have lost accreditation, I have not found any (and would appreciate it if verdugo could send this information to me). Of course accreditation should be important to everyone planning on going to Arizona. They made it seem to us during our interview that it was not a big deal, and that they will, in fact become fully accredited once they do graduate the D4s, and that the intent to withdraw was strictly a miscommunication.

I would take faculty and current student's advise as to what CODA was up to, and what they were looking for exactly more than I'd take anyone here posting that there have been xxx amount of schools which have lost their initial accreditation. This has almost nothing to do with ASDOH. These schools may have other circumstances, or may not have wanted to keep accreditation.

I challenge you, verdugo, to post facts: ie which schools have lost accreditation, and exactly why it was so. Also, I'd like to know if you know of any issues regarding ASDOH's accreditation status that may hinder their approval. If you have merely stated that it is an issue, I'd have to agree with you. Of course it is always an issue/concern. If ASDOH had specific problems which were not easily correctable, they would (or should) have told their current and prospective students. I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't gain accreditation this year.

I've done a lot of research on this topic over the last couple of days, and although I still don't know much, what I have found out is that withdrawal of accreditation is not something that happens automatically, nor does it happen quickly. In fact, a program must be on probation for 2 years before its accreditation is taken away. During this time, they can "fix" whatever problems there are, pay their fees, and regain accreditation.
New schools such as ASDOH cannot gain accreditation until they graduate their first class, which will occur in the next few months.

As far as other dental schools that have lost accreditation, I have not found any (and would appreciate it if verdugo could send this information to me). Of course accreditation should be important to everyone planning on going to Arizona. They made it seem to us during our interview that it was not a big deal, and that they will, in fact become fully accredited once they do graduate the D4s, and that the intent to withdraw was strictly a miscommunication.

I would take faculty and current student's advise as to what CODA was up to, and what they were looking for exactly more than I'd take anyone here posting that there have been xxx amount of schools which have lost their initial accreditation. This has almost nothing to do with ASDOH. These schools may have other circumstances, or may not have wanted to keep accreditation.

I challenge you, verdugo, to post facts: ie which schools have lost accreditation, and exactly why it was so. Also, I'd like to know if you know of any issues regarding ASDOH's accreditation status that may hinder their approval. If you have merely stated that it is an issue, I'd have to agree with you. Of course it is always an issue/concern. If ASDOH had specific problems which were not easily correctable, they would (or should) have told their current and prospective students. I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't gain accreditation this year.

I hear you and appreciate your comments. If you will kindly go back and re-read my posts, you'll see I never made the comment that other schools or ASDOH for that matter, lost accreditation. My comment was strictly regarding schools having their initial accreditation changed to '...with intent to withdrawl' status during the first four years of operation (i.e., during the time period where they can ONLY have initial accreditation status). From the CODA representative I spoke to months ago about this issue, ASDOH was the ONLY school they could remember to ever have their status changed during the first four years of operation. I'm sure if I researched more, I could find out exactly how many schools have had their status changed during the first 4 years of operation...but at that point in time (and now); taking CODAs word was good enough for me. The fact that the representative stated she had been working for CODA for "numerous years" and couldn't remember a similar situation set off alarms in my head (as it should for any potential student of the school).

You're absolutely correct in the fact that this is not something that just happens overnight via some automatic computer secretary...there were many man-hours & evaluations that went into the status change. This whole discussion has snowballed into a beast that is far off topic from my original post. My main point, and something that I think MANY on this forum have quickly forgotten about or simply missed, was the very simple fact that ASDOHs accreditation status change WAS a big deal & should NOT be taken lightly...especially for incoming, class of 2011, students.

Once again, the only issue I had was the fact that numerous current students at the school loved to preach to the incoming students "Hey, don't worry about it, it's nothing." Yes, I agree that based on my research w/ CODA and talking with current students in person (when I accompanied my wife to ASDOH for her interview) it looked like the school would regain its status after CODAs meeting at the end of Jan. But, any class of 2011 student that says they were not holding their breath for the results to be posted is either lying or too stupid to realize that a negative ruling in JAN would have greatly affected their future at ASDOH.

It is not harsh or angry to state that this was an issue...if it WASN'T an issue I guarantee the people that make up CODA would be spending their time taking care of other issues. CODA does not travel to new dental schools and strip them of their initial accreditation because they have nothing better to do. Again, numerous people on this forum seem to forget the simple fact that I am a fan of ASDOH, but I'm not a fan of ignoring THE authority when it comes to accreditation. I don't care how many current students say, "Don't worry, it's all good, CODA said so..."...until CODA says, "It's all good" future students should have been concerned. I've dealt with too many large organizations in my years to take second hand words as gospel. During my multiple conversation with CODA the representative I spoke with even stated, "No matter what you've heard, nothing is final until they make their ruling...so I can't guarantee anything at this point in time."

If you want to crucify me for being concerned about accreditation for a school my wife might attend, go for it...I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. What I won't do is apologize for stating that nobody BUT CODA has the authority to say, "It's no big deal"...and seeing as we're having this discussion in the first place only proves my point that no matter what some might say or think, it was a big deal at one point in time and everyone should have been sitting up and taking notice.

Your concerns were, imo, valid and appreciated. However, the way you wrote your reply certainly rubbed people the wrong way. Things like "you're HIGH if you really think "It was NEVER an issue."", "(oh wait, you're a 4th year dental student, so you obviously have more knowledge on the subject compared to them...get real).", etc etc etc. You sounded very angry. What kind of reply did you expect?

The reason it may have been "ho hum" to current ASDOH students may have been that they had been in personal contact with staff and CODA management, who, I'm sure, know more than some representative who claims to have worked for CODA for a while. As far as you know, she may have meant a year and a half.

During my interview there, this was actually one of the questions that I had planned on bringing up, even though I had read countless times on this very board that it was a non issue. However, the Dean beat me to it and explained everything in detail, and gave us a good feeling as to the status and the future status of Az's accreditation. The meeting later that january which changed the status to the current one validated his sayings on the matter.

PS. I understood what you meant by the whole country thing. However, in this case, you may be the country boy who has never seen the "big city", in this case Arizona, since you've only been there once. Gavin, and others, have been there and are more intimately involved with the process, and unless they have some sort of personal agenda to lie to incoming students, I'd take their word over yours. No offense.

You guys are giving me a headache...get over it! : )

My main point, and something that I think MANY on this forum have quickly forgotten about or simply missed, was the very simple fact that ASDOHs accreditation status change WAS a big deal & should NOT be taken lightly...especially for incoming, class of 2011, students.

The status was changed because a secretary forgot to file some paperwork. That paperwork was filed and the status changed back. It really was NOT an issue, ever, regardless of what you may think. To revert the status back paperwork had to be submitted. That's it, nothing more.

If paperwork deadlines are missed, the ADA status automatically changes to "intent to withdraw". This acts as a notifier to the program that paperwork is late or insufficient. Notice that the status does not change to "withdrawn." Very literally, it was no big deal. That status wasn't initiated because there were problems with the program, or problems with professors, or problems with the clinic, or problems with the students, or problems with financial aid.

You'll see that CODA, upon recieving the required paperwork and making a visit, changed the status back to accreditation. This validates and confirms what I've been saying all along.

Out of curiosity, can you tell me about the "accreditation with reporting" status that several schools currently have? Did your wife not apply to those schools? Did you even realize there was an accreditation status other than initial and accredited? If not, you really haven't done your research.

Goodness, people! You're scaring me :scared: Even though I've accepted somewhere else, I'd like to just point out that I started this thread so that those who've accepted at ASDOH can meet each other (in a happy, oh so happy way :D ) Peace :love:.

Goodness, people! You're scaring me :scared: Even though I've accepted somewhere else, I'd like to just point out that I started this thread so that those who've accepted at ASDOH can meet each other (in a happy, oh so happy way :D ) Peace :love:.

Hey, at the very least, you opened up an important discussion that has forced me to learn more about accreditation. :) :) :)