ASDOH interview on thursday jan 8th!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilsonJing

WilsonJ
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey future dentists,
I got my one and only interview in Arizona on the 8th! Is anyone else going? Also does anyone that goes to Arizona know the chances of getting a seat with an after dec interview?

Members don't see this ad.

not sure about post Dec but overall I think it's 1 in 7 for ASDOH. good luck! I'm sure you'll like it. Everyone at ASDOH is really friendly and helpful.

I'm guessing they still have like 20-25 spots left, just a guess. And your chances also depend on how many males/females they've accepted already, because they like to make the class as even as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey future dentists,
I got my one and only interview in Arizona on the 8th! Is anyone else going? Also does anyone that goes to Arizona know the chances of getting a seat with an after dec interview?

Don't stress about the interview, it is a great school and they just want to get to know you. Its not scary. Just be yourself, and don't be afraid to tell them the achievements/ characteristics that make you wonderful! Besides all you need is one seat available for acceptance.. You'll do great. Just read through your personal statement and know why you want to attend their school :thumbup:

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give an update of the interview from last week. Im from California so I flew in the day before. I drove to the school to familiarize myself with the drive bc I had 8am interview time. The school was awesome. Its like finding an oasis in the desert. It is located in a suburb of Phoenix, although from the bay area I would consider Phoenix a suburb as well. Anyways, I was nervous for the interview. The peg test to start it off was a good ice breaker though, my hands were sweaty and I swear the test favors those girls with nimble fingers.

There was a group activity afterwards and the group gives a presentation afterwards. This was pretty relaxed. The people I was with were hella smart and had some great ideas.

The individual interivew was nerve racking although I can tell they were trying as much as they can to make it relaxed. But when u are in a room with two faculty / adcoms being relaxed is bit hard to do.

Overall I fell ok with my interview since I cant even remember what I said during the individual interview.

Best of luck for those with later interview dates. I talked to Dolores and it seems they are having 2 days of interview per week. Each day with 12-16 candidates.

Good luck with everything, I am sure you did great. All you need is one spot right!