ASDOH post-interview rejection letter ..but not rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NguyenDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the ASDOH post-interview letter that tells you one of two things a couple weeks after your interview: rejected OR still being considered

Long story short, I received TWO separate letters from ASDOH, which I received at the same time... both mailed out on 11/21... and both letters dated 11/18 and addressed to me.

One letters says they are unable to offer me a place at this time (rejection). But the other letter states that I'm still being considered, which is the "still being considered" letter.

lol. Maybe they're letting me pick and choose. :laugh:

Your thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad.

You can combine those 2 letters into 1:

You are still being considered to be rejected.

Which doesn't really tell you much at all.

Guess we will have to wait til December 1st to find out.

Good luck!

lol, you're right, I'm just going to have to wait it out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive any post-interview letter from them, and I interviewed Nov 3rd. Hmm. Forgot about that letter.

I didn't receive any post-interview letter from them, and I interviewed Nov 3rd. Hmm. Forgot about that letter.

Hmm.. were you in the morning group?

Last edited:
Wow that is weird. I can maybe see a mix up if the letters were sent on different days, but why would they send two contradicting letters on the same day. It is best to email or call them and have them explain it to you if it is driving you crazy. If not, then wait until Dec 1st I guess.

Wow that is weird. I can maybe see a mix up if the letters were sent on different days, but why would they send two contradicting letters on the same day. It is best to email or call them and have them explain it to you if it is driving you crazy. If not, then wait until Dec 1st I guess.

Haha, I just sent them an email! :) Thanks!

I was in the morning group on Nov 3rd. No such letter from them yet. Or maybe my parents hid it from me because it said I was rejected.

I'm 99% sure you'll get one tomorrow or Saturday or Monday! :)

Got the "still under review" letter today and interviewed on 11/17

Got the "still under review" letter today and interviewed on 11/17

Wow, that was quick! Congrats! :)

For mine, I'm thinking they first wanted to still consider me, and then decided for Dec. 1 that they didn't want me anymore... and thought they might as well send it to me now since it's so close to Dec. 1... I guess that make sense. :) Oh wellsss

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the same letter today. (interviewed Nov 15th)

I interviewed nov 3rd in the morning too and never received a letter either!

Just a guess.... but.....
I think for those who haven't received a letter yet... they haven't made up there mind yet to send out a letter?

Got the "still under review" letter today and interviewed on 11/10. I guess it means it won't be anything for me on December 1st from ASDOH. I really liked the school and thought the interview went really well. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for other schools to come through.

Got the "still under review" letter today and interviewed on 11/10. I guess it means it won't be anything for me on December 1st from ASDOH. I really liked the school and thought the interview went really well. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for other schools to come through.

Is the "still under review" letter different than the "still being considered" letter? For some reason I always thought there were only 2 different letters that can be mailed out to interviewees: 'rejected' and 'still being considered' ....In any case, what you received is better than the rejection letter! :)

Is the "still under review" letter different than the "still being considered" letter? For some reason I always thought there were only 2 different letters that can be mailed out to interviewees: 'rejected' and 'still being considered' ....In any case, what you received is better than the rejection letter! :)

If you are rejected they will send you a rejection letter. Check last years threads this is the info I derived from it.

Oh my bad, I didn't even read the letter after the first sentence. I had an awesome day and this just ruined it for me. It says "still being considered for the class of 2016". I think it means that I won't be hearing anything on December 1st. I think that people that didn't get any letter will be the one that get the acceptance call on December 1st.That is only what I think, I am not 100% sure.

Oh my bad, I didn't even read the letter after the first sentence. I had an awesome day and this just ruined it for me. It says "still being considered for the class of 2016". I think it means that I won't be hearing anything on December 1st. I think that people that didn't get any letter will be the one that get the acceptance call on December 1st.That is only what I think, I am not 100% sure.

Hmm... that's an interesting theory. I guess we'll find out soon! :) For my own admission at ASDOH though, I'm already identifying ASDOH as a rejection.... :) But that's okay.

Hmm... that's an interesting theory. I guess we'll find out soon! :) For my own admission at ASDOH though, I'm already identifying ASDOH as a rejection.... :) But that's okay.

ur glass is always half full.

where is ur positive attitude??? ;) miracles happen everywhere everyday!

where is ur positive attitude??? ;) miracles happen everywhere everyday!

Haha I mean, I don't mind if I get rejected from ASDOH. ;) It was my absolute last school choice :)

Last edited:
You mean half empty, right?

It'd be full, no?

One would think it's half empty because it's considered "bad news" but... isn't the application and interview process like filling up half of the glass, and getting accepted filling 'er up to reach the brim?

Unless of course... you consider what is inside the cup YUMMY, and you start with a full cup, and being accepted is empty since you just drank a lot of yummy. So then an interview is half empty since you're happy that you got an interview and that half glass was delish, but just desperately waiting to gulp down those remaining 3 sips.

Yeah, lack of sleep makes me abnormally philosophical... in a bad way.

With that said, I'm glad you're taking it well Nguyen.

I remember when I got my first rejection from UNLV back in August... BEFORE I had any interviews and that early in the cycle. I was going to Six Flags with the family and my heart just sank... could not keep my mind off of that and thought I had no chance. Behold, give a few weeks and the first interview rolled in. We've all come so far.... 4 days 14 hours 55 minutes 17 seconds left!
Then hopefully, the suffering can end and a new suffering begin (from being hung over :D)

i got the "still being considered" mail portion. We'll see what happens

It'd be full, no?

One would think it's half empty because it's considered "bad news" but... isn't the application and interview process like filling up half of the glass, and getting accepted filling 'er up to reach the brim?

Unless of course... you consider what is inside the cup YUMMY, and you start with a full cup, and being accepted is empty since you just drank a lot of yummy. So then an interview is half empty since you're happy that you got an interview and that half glass was delish, but just desperately waiting to gulp down those remaining 3 sips.

Yeah, lack of sleep makes me abnormally philosophical... in a bad way.

With that said, I'm glad you're taking it well Nguyen.

I remember when I got my first rejection from UNLV back in August... BEFORE I had any interviews and that early in the cycle. I was going to Six Flags with the family and my heart just sank... could not keep my mind off of that and thought I had no chance. Behold, give a few weeks and the first interview rolled in. We've all come so far.... 4 days 14 hours 55 minutes 17 seconds left!
Then hopefully, the suffering can end and a new suffering begin (from being hung over :D)

lol Amusing post!
But thanks! I'm glad you understood what I meant! It's not the end of the world if I got a rejection from ASDOH :)

I received the "Still being considered" letter today as well. Hmm!

Here are the two letters I received.......

Rejection letter:

"Dear [NAME],

Thank you for applying to the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health.

The selection committee has carefully reviewed your application and the results of your interview. We have chosen our class for 2016 and our wait list and unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place at this time. In the event that a seat opens in this class with no one available from the wait list you still might be considered.

The selection committee is charged with the very difficult task of selecting a class from the many excellent candidates we interviews. The school received more than 3200 applications and we interviewed over 400 candidates for the 76 positions that are available for the upcoming class. Please be assured that each applicants has received full consideration by the interviewing panel and the selection committee. We are, however, limited in the number of students we can accept each year. Not being selected reflects mainly on the competitiveness of the process, rather than on any significant weakness in your application.'

Unfortunately, the selection committee does not release specific information regarding non-acceptance.

I wish you well in your future career.

Sincerely,
"

The number 2016 was 2015... and then they hand wrote over the 5 to make it a 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still being considered letter:

"Dear [NAME],

The Admissions Committee of the Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2016.

The interviewing process goes through March and the admissions process through May. The Admissions office is unable to respond to status requests or file reviews until after May 1st. If additional academic coursework is completed or new test scores become available, transcripts and test results should be forwarded to us immediately.

Please feel free to contact...... if you have any questions concerning this action.

Sincerely,
"

The woman who spoke to us during the interview said not to look into the selection letters too much, because they keep so many people in consideration after the interview that it's still a competitive pool.

So is it assumed that if you get NO letter then you probably got accepted and will hear back dec. 1? And if you got the "still considering letter" that you are wait listed and will NOT get an acceptance on dec. 1? and if you got the "rejected" letter, you are out of the race?

The woman who spoke to us about the letters said not to read into them too much, unless you are rejected post-interview of course. I'm not sure this theory is correct.

well that sucks...:(. I was out of town and opened the letter last night. I got the "still being considered" one...but now apparently it means waitlisted?! not a good start to DEC1...:bang:

I've been waiting for the ASDOH post-interview letter that tells you one of two things a couple weeks after your interview: rejected OR still being considered

Long story short, I received TWO separate letters from ASDOH, which I received at the same time... both mailed out on 11/21... and both letters dated 11/18 and addressed to me.

One letters says they are unable to offer me a place at this time (rejection). But the other letter states that I'm still being considered, which is the "still being considered" letter.

lol. Maybe they're letting me pick and choose. :laugh:

Your thoughts on this?

Reminds me of the "Rejection for Class of 2015" letter I received. I didn't even apply last year.

Reminds me of the "Rejection for Class of 2015" letter I received. I didn't even apply last year.

:laugh: It's okay, you don't need them... it's more like schools need YOU with that long list on predents :p

I must have really screwed up my interview :laugh: