Asheville Groups/Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

statcoffeegtt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate any info on Asheville, NC area groups/jobs. Targeting the area as a new grad finishing CT Fellowship June 2022. PM ok if you prefer. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you can win employment with Mission Hospital as they kicked out the private group approximately 1 day after they sold out to AmSurg (or whoever that was) about 3 years ago. That is probably the only place to do cardiac in the Asheville area except perhaps the VA (although not sure if they do cardiac at that VA or not).

Reactions: 1 user
you can win employment with Mission Hospital as they kicked out the private group approximately 1 day after they sold out to AmSurg (or whoever that was) about 3 years ago. That is probably the only place to do cardiac in the Asheville area except perhaps the VA (although not sure if they do cardiac at that VA or not).

Your choice of words (“win”) makes me think Mission prob not the best gig...

Appreciate the info either way!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your choice of words (“win”) makes me think Mission prob not the best gig...

Appreciate the info either way!

I know some people that work there and it seems similar to other hospital employed jobs. Probably not the worst you could get, but also not going to wow you. Asheville is a really pretty area, though, that I love to visit. Plenty of good scenery, food, and breweries.

A friend just interviewed there a month or so ago (generalist). I know no details other than “NOPE” - he made it sound like a hospital-employed job and since Asheville is a pretty desirable place they get many applications a year which keeps salaries pretty eh.

What’s the Hendersonville group like? Anything other than Mission/HCA in the area? Shame about Asheville - would be a great place to live.

Reactions: 1 user