SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Asians in Ireland?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by applepark, Apr 21, 2007.

1. applepark

applepark 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Canada
    Hi people.

Just wanted to pose this question out to any individuals who live in Ireland or have visited Ireland. As I have never been there, I have been looking into information regarding whether there is a demographic of asians in Dublin. I have read that b/c Dublin is the capital there is more diversity than other parts of Ireland. I can't find anywhere on the web if there is a large number of asians. Although I have read that there is a small number of philopinos and chinese. Can anyone confirm this??

Its not a huge concern, as I would probably go to Ireland even if I was the only Asian person around. Hehehe However it is definitely something I would like to know more information on. Especially if I have a midnight craving for good asian food ;).

Thanks in advance to those who answer.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. leorl

leorl Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 2, 2001
    There's quite a few Asians. Not so many in the college circles, but quite a few of the FOB (not meant to be negative) variety. A lot of the Atlantic Bridge program applicants are actually Asian-American or Asian-Canadian. So there's a few in each class. Not to mention the Malaysians, Singaporeans and those from Mauritius.

4. benzylique

benzylique Member 2+ Year Member

May 23, 2006
    My classmate who is malysian, says there are plenty of asians here so don't worry.

5. SYD0910

SYD0910 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Buckeye State
    Yeap...there are easily a dozen in our class. :)

6. SYD0910

SYD0910 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Buckeye State
    Btw AppleP,
    Just to let you know books are generally pretty xpensive here!!
    If you could buy your books (or get a 2nd hand) back home, that could save you big $$.
    PM me if you wish to know the list of books to buy. Cheers!

7. applepark

applepark 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Canada
    THANKS for the great tip. Will do closer to my leaving date!!

8. mai83

mai83 2+ Year Member

May 6, 2007
    Applepark....midnight asian food cravings....I'm in.

9. applepark

applepark 2+ Year Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Canada
    YEAH!!!! Lets do it ^_^