Ask for an interview? :confused:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bob13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some opinions on this. I have verified that my applications are complete at several schools but I have not received an invite for an interview. I think it is mostly likely due to my low (1st attempt) MCAT score (low 20?s).

Question?
1. Should I call the schools and either ask, beg, or pled for an interview or should I not jinks it and just wait for them to contact me?

2. do you think sending them a letter expressing my interest in attending or something like that help?

Thank for the help,

Bob

Members don't see this ad.

bob13 said:
I wanted to get some opinions on this. I have verified that my applications are complete at several schools but I have not received an invite for an interview. I think it is mostly likely due to my low (1st attempt) MCAT score (low 20?s).

Question?
1. Should I call the schools and either ask, beg, or pled for an interview or should I not jinks it and just wait for them to contact me?

2. do you think sending them a letter expressing my interest in attending or something like that help?

Thank for the help,

Bob

Wait it out a bit longer and then proceed with option 2.

chill out, its still early, and if you took the august mcat as your repeat, you have a lot of waiting ahead.

Calling and "begging" a school is a big no-no.

If you want to write a letter of interest, that might be alright, but don't mention anything about requesting an interview.

Relax man, you still have a soild six months before everything is over.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the feed back. i guess from reading all the post on here (SDN), i feel like everyone except me has recieved an interview.

i'll keep waiting......

bob13 said:
thanks for the feed back. i guess from reading all the post on here (SDN), i feel like everyone except me has recieved an interview.

i'll keep waiting......

some of my friends still have not received any interview invitation yet ... so don't worry .... I received only 1 so far (but it was back in August) ... still waiting ...

I don't think stat matters much in this process though .... everything seems to be pretty much random. Stat can be helpful, but it is definitely not the decided factor.

keep waiting, and never give up. Keep hope alive =)