Beautiful Sunset

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Sep 8, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Has anyone ever been asked for their SDN username during a medical school interview?

First asked if ever look at SDN. Then asked if have an account. Then asked for username.

A very sneaky way to tease out and force you to tell them.

About the Ads

JPmoleymole

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Has anyone ever been asked for their SDN username during a medical school interview?

First asked if ever look at SDN. Then asked if have an account. Then asked for username.

A very sneaky way to tease out and force you to tell them.
Just be a normal human and lie? Lol

Reactions: CloverBale

Lannister

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2013
Casterly Rock
Status
Medical Student
Just be a normal human and lie? Lol
If they asked me if I had an SDN account, I would probably say yes and wouldn't be bothered by admitting that. I wouldn't think to lie because I wouldn't be expecting the next question where they ask me what my username is. And then once you've admitted to having an account, what are you supposed to say when they ask for your username?? I mean logically I would say, "I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable giving out my username" but in an interview setting I would probably panic and freeze up.

Reactions: Goro

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
About 10 years ago or so some schools were requiring your username and password for social media sites. There was a backlash and pushback by AAMC to these schools. However, there isnt a formal policy preventing this nor do I know of specific laws forbiding this, though I cant imagine it a school trying this today.

Reactions: Goro

TypeADissection

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Adcom: Do you have an SDN account?
Me: What?
Adcom: What is your username?
Me: Nunya...
Adcom: Nunya what?
Me: Nunya bidnis beyotch
Adcom: ...
Me: I'll see myself out

*Full disclaimer: 9/10 dentists don't recommend actually saying this during an interview.

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Interviewer: So what's your SDN avatar
Orangepants troll: Beautiful Sunset

Interviewer: [calls Psych consult and Security.]

Love the smack of the Banhammer! Kudos to the mods.

Terry Toma

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I have an old account that I only made a few posts on before switching to my current name. If I'd already admitted to having an account, I'd probably just give the old username if asked. I'm probably not a sufficiently prolific poster around here for anyone to recognize my active username, but I'm 100% sure that no one would recognize some generic username that made 7 posts in 2014.

Reactions: Packed2go
About the Ads