Asked for SDN username on med school interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beautiful Sunset

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been asked for their SDN username during a medical school interview?

First asked if ever look at SDN. Then asked if have an account. Then asked for username.

A very sneaky way to tease out and force you to tell them.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever been asked for their SDN username during a medical school interview?

First asked if ever look at SDN. Then asked if have an account. Then asked for username.

"What's SDN?"

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Just be a normal human and lie? Lol

Reactions: 1 user
SDN? Haven't heard that name in years...

Reactions: 2 users
Just be a normal human and lie? Lol

If they asked me if I had an SDN account, I would probably say yes and wouldn't be bothered by admitting that. I wouldn't think to lie because I wouldn't be expecting the next question where they ask me what my username is. And then once you've admitted to having an account, what are you supposed to say when they ask for your username?? I mean logically I would say, "I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable giving out my username" but in an interview setting I would probably panic and freeze up.

Adcom: Do you have an SDN account?
Me: What?
Adcom: What is your username?
Me: Nunya...
Adcom: Nunya what?
Me: Nunya bidnis beyotch
Adcom: ...
Me: I'll see myself out

*Full disclaimer: 9/10 dentists don't recommend actually saying this during an interview.

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewer: So what's your SDN avatar
Orangepants troll: Beautiful Sunset

Interviewer: [calls Psych consult and Security.]

Love the smack of the Banhammer! Kudos to the mods.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an old account that I only made a few posts on before switching to my current name. If I'd already admitted to having an account, I'd probably just give the old username if asked. I'm probably not a sufficiently prolific poster around here for anyone to recognize my active username, but I'm 100% sure that no one would recognize some generic username that made 7 posts in 2014.

I was once asked for my SSN during an interview...followed by my bank account number. In hindsight it was kinda obvious these were Nigerian scammers and not a med school.

Reactions: 11 users