Asked if we want premed advisors to know med school's decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoolSpot7Up

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On Loyola's secondary, it asks:

9. May we notify your premedical advisor of the decision reached on your application?
Yes/No
If we may notify your advisor, please indicate the advisor's name and college address below.

Does this have any bearing on our applications? I've graduated already and don't care about my premed advisor, but would that look like I'm scared of letting my school know about their decision? Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

On Loyola's secondary, it asks:

9. May we notify your premedical advisor of the decision reached on your application?
Yes/No
If we may notify your advisor, please indicate the advisor's name and college address below.

Does this have any bearing on our applications? I've graduated already and don't care about my premed advisor, but would that look like I'm scared of letting my school know about their decision? Just wondering.

I can't imagine it having any substantive bearing on their decision....

I agree with Phoenix, but if Jim Johnson calls to congratulate or console me before I hear anything, I'll be mad. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I put yes, and I actually heard from my advisor about my acceptance first. I'm pretty close with my advisor, so I had no problem with him knowing all about my med school acceptances/rejections or hearing it from him...

I don't think that it matters to Loyola what you put, they just want to know if they should be sending the info to your advisor.