1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Asking a school to review your file...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Kermit, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I need some advice, I just got back from two interviews. I have an invite from Hahnemann and was wondering if it is out of line to ask another school in Philly (Jefferson) to review my file for an interview. I already had my Temple interview and my boss is pretty annoyed that I'm out a lot for interviews. Do you think this is completely absurd to ask a school? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

No...i did this for a new york school and they got back to me in like 3 hours and told me I had an interview...awesome stuff :)
    Just be careful how you word it. Say, "I am gonig to be in the area around these dates and I am short on funds...so I was hoping that if I am benig CONSIDERED for an interview at your school; you could work with me to schedule this interview at the same time when I will be in the area"

Or something like that.... :)

4. SaucyAZN

SaucyAZN Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd bug 'em. When I received an invite from Albany, I immediately informed other NY schools that I would kinda be in the area during a certain period of time. It turns out that NYMC wanted to give me an interview, and they allowed me to schedule NYMC the day before Albany.

5. SaucyAZN

SaucyAZN Member
    7+ Year Member

p.s. - I didn't give a **** about what my boss thought while I was interviewing for medical school...okay, here's the story...

I had two interviews back-to-back...UC Irvine on a Thursday and MCW on a Friday(ouch!). I had a scheduled day off Monday, and I planned to work Tuesday before leaving for my two interviews on Wednesday.

Tuesday early morning, I came down with the flu...right near the end of flu season. It was really nasty...104 temp, aching all over, puking my guts out...it had been years since I had the flu, and this was a bad time to get re-acquainted. I called in sick, obviously...I needed all the rest I could get if I wanted to survive this hellish week.

Throughout the week, I puked on almost every single connection flight...close to puking before and after both of my interviews...oh, it was terrible.

On my first day back at work...a Monday...my boss called me into his office. He told me that he was very upset that I had called in sick the day before my three-day "vacation."

How dare he?! I had worked here for almost 10 months, and I had only called in sick one other time. And I was one of his best workers...that may sound a little conceited...but I was.

I was absolutely furious, but I did a very good job of restraining myself. Otherwise, I would have shoved a P5000 Pipetman up his @ss.

Okay, I'm done venting...thanks for listening.

-Sauce

p.p.s. - BTW, the company where I was working at the time was IDEXX Veterinary Services...you're better off working at Krispy Kremes(sp?)...they pay more. I don't work there anymore...thank God!

6. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is NYMC interviewing now? I have an interview at Einstein on 10/15. Although I have already booked my flights to NY, so I don't see it making any difference since I can't change my flight plans now. I'm still thinking about calling Jefferson, my numbers are right on their averages and from my understanding, they are interviewing applicants with high gpas and mcat's so I don't want to push my luck with them.

7. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    SaucyAZN,

When did you receive Albany's web app? I called last week and they said I should get an e-mail soon, but all is quiet on the e-mail front...

Should I be worried??

8. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think Sauce was talking about last year or the year before. He's going to MCW now--right Sauce? This guy is hilarious. A few months ago he posted an interview horror story that was so funny I almost peed. I can't remember the link, but maybe he does...