Asking for a re-interview...has anyone done it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrysanthemum

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has ever asked to be re-interviewed because they felt like their first interview didn't go so well. I kind of feel that my first interview didn't go so well. The guy hardly asked me any questions about myself and he was consistantly and he told me that the reason why i might not get accepted into this school was because of my mcat score.

I want to know if anyone has ever gotten a second interview and then gotten accepted OR if anyone knows if this is a bad move for me to make.
Supposedly the first interview will be completely erased off record but I'm a little skeptical of it.

Someone help me outtt :confused: ...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had not one but two horrible interviews at Kirksville. I was so sure they wouldn't accept me based on my interviews. My first interviewer and I had nothing in common, she asked me if I read mystery novels, if i had any interest in gardening. I said no to both questions. She and I sat there for five more uncomfortable minutes, saying nothing, and that interview was over in 10 minutes(she said she hated the usual interview questions). The next interviewer pretty much talked about some teacher who rode her bike to school every day, but was still "fat." I listened to him ramble on for an entire 30 minutes, not once did he ask anything about me. To my complete surprise, I did get in(but opted not to go there). Maybe the interviews went better than you thought? It's hard to know what the interviewer wants from you. When do you find out whether or not you will be admitted?

Thanks for your input! I find out feb 21st.
The thing is the guy was telling me that he thought my test score was low but my GPA was great. Then he started asking me about what I was doing academically this semester...I told him I was taking one graduate class and working full-time. He said "You're only taking one class?!" Then he looked down in disgust and wrote something on his note pad.
Then he asked me what will you do if you don't get accepted...so I told him that I would continue my graduate education in biology and sciences as well as taking some classes in psychology and business. So he says how would that help you? I said well once I get into med school it's basically medicine for the rest of my life... I won't have too many opportunites to do anything else. Then he looked down again in disgust and wrote something down.

I felt like most of the interview revolved around him telling me what to do if I don't get accepted into that school. It seemed kind of negative. He also asked me whether or not I would retake the mcats if I was asked to do so. So I said yes even though there is no way in hell I'll take them again. He made me feel as though I was going to be wait listed or denied.

I just want to know if they will truly erase the first interview off the record and if getting a 2nd interview is a bad decision. Pleasssee someone helppp! I need to make this decision within the next few days! :scared: Any advice would help! Thankssss

where was this at? which school?