1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

asking for an interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by healthnut, Mar 9, 2007.

1. healthnut

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is it proper to "ask" for an interview if you know you are on hold for one?

2. NN11

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    A better approach would be to send a sincere letter of interest discussing why you would be a good fit for the school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    healthnut

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks! that sounds like a better approach. i'll try that and see what happens...

4. baylormed

baylormed On the Search
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    You've got nothing to lose, just make sure you do it right. Be polite and thoughtful, and make an argument as to why you should be given one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StringerBell

StringerBell It's the final countdown!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I wrote a Letter of Interest two days ago, requesting the opportunity to interview, at my first-choice (of remaining schools. ;))

I'll keep this thread updated as to whether anything happens!

6. TheAmazingGOB

TheAmazingGOB It ain't easy bein' white
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think it depends on the circumstance. If you are OOS and are flying in to interview somewhere close by, you could call or email them saying you will be in town on such and such date and if possible would like to interview. I did that with Baylor and it worked (note: I did have an interview at another Texas school, I wasn't making things up just to get an interview). Unfortunately, I don't know if this will work at this point in the process since things are winding down.

7. JennyB

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Did you talk to the admissions office or the dean or someone else? I talked to the admissions office at Drexel, and I was given the e-mail address of the lady who does interview scheduling. She never wrote back, so I wrote an e-mail to the admissions office, and someone responded saying that if I get an interview, I can try to schedule it during the same time as when I'm going to be in town for a different interview. It sounds like it didn't work for me, but we'll see I guess.

8. TheAmazingGOB

TheAmazingGOB It ain't easy bein' white
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I sent an email to the admissions office and about two days later the interview invite came by email. I was shocked that it worked. It did not, however, work for UT Southwestern.