operaman

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When you see a cool case ask them if you can write it up. Then write it up ASAP.

Residents also tend to have a steady stream of these we always say we are going to write up but then get busy and forget. We are always happy when a student wants to bang out a quick paper we can stick our name on too.

Lnsean

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
When you see a cool case ask them if you can write it up. Then write it up ASAP.

Residents also tend to have a steady stream of these we always say we are going to write up but then get busy and forget. We are always happy when a student wants to bang out a quick paper we can stick our name on too.
What's the turnaround time that they're expecting. I've been dragging my feet with one for a month.

About the Ads
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks for the advice! Right now, I am in my preclinical years and still have some time before rotations begin. Is emailing people or just talking to them after meetings considered appropriate?

Reactions: deleted851433

Slack3r

Sicker than your average
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Either.

If you do get on a project, try and get it done quickly, (ideally) without a lot of hand holding, and certainly complete anything you commit to. Nobody likes a flake.

About the Ads