Asking for my older brother

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.J.D

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My older brother is applying to med school in the fall. He is going to be graduating from suny farmingdale state college in the spring. He has a 3.8 Gpa from farmingdale and scored a 510 on his mcat. Here comes the bad news... before he transferred he went to community college and left with a 3.0 gpa, he didn't have any pre reqs in any of those 19 credits and after he went tp SJU taking 9 credits for a semester and again didn't take any pre reqs only the same basic liberal arts courses as the community college. He left SJU only with a 1.8 gpa. He went to farmingdale in hopes of starting fresh. Completed his associates in liberal arts and bachelors in science technology and society. My question is, will he still get into any med schools from his horrible past and if yes what schools should he appy to in terms of target, and reach schools. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

My older brother is applying to med school in the fall. He is going to be graduating from suny farmingdale state college in the spring. He has a 3.8 Gpa from farmingdale and scored a 510 on his mcat. Here comes the bad news... before he transferred he went to community college and left with a 3.0 gpa, he didn't have any pre reqs in any of those 19 credits and after he went tp SJU taking 9 credits for a semester and again didn't take any pre reqs only the same basic liberal arts courses as the community college. He left SJU only with a 1.8 gpa. He went to farmingdale in hopes of starting fresh. Completed his associates in liberal arts and bachelors in science technology and society. My question is, will he still get into any med schools from his horrible past and if yes what schools should he appy to in terms of target, and reach schools. Thanks so much.
All transcripts must be submitted to AMCAS (and will be included in gpa).
Trend is still important, though.
If he is interested, I'm sure he will post his queries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is he waiting until
Fall? Better tell him to get his own account and ask his own questions.
All transcripts must be submitted to AMCAS (and will be included in gpa).
Trend is still important, though.
If he is interested, I'm sure he will post his queries.

What do you applying in the Fall? He should have or in the middle of applying?

Yea, I'm about to tell him to make his own account.
But I myself was not aware of the time in which you apply for medical school. I'm in high school, so I assumed it would be similar to college ( fall and winter applications ).
I just knew his grades in stuff. Prolly why hes gonna make an sdn account to ask his questions :laugh: