SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Asking for scholarships, post May 15th acceptance

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GVSULakers9456, May 16, 2014.

  1. GVSULakers9456

    GVSULakers9456 2+ Year Member

    34
    27
    May 14, 2014
    ...
     
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gyngyn

    gyngyn Professor Moderator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

    20,369
    29,675
    Nov 4, 2011
    Alta California
    If it helps you make up your mind quicker, I'm sure that school A would be happy to let you know if they have anything else to keep you. Just be prepared if they don't. They may not be willing to wait three weeks, by the way...
     
  4. GVSULakers9456

    GVSULakers9456 2+ Year Member

    34
    27
    May 14, 2014
    ....
     
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  5. gyngyn

    gyngyn Professor Moderator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

    20,369
    29,675
    Nov 4, 2011
    Alta California
    You don't need a lot of detail. Email is fine. You can say that the cost differential has given you pause and inquire regarding any further prospects at your school of preference.
    I wouldn't mention the three weeks, it will only irritate them.
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  6. DokterMom

    DokterMom 2+ Year Member

    4,299
    8,940
    Mar 1, 2013
    Email allows you to choose your words carefully, which few people can really do well over the phone. As to timing, you could say that given the late date, you would like to be able to respond to School B promptly.

    Good Luck!
     
    TheThirdLevel and gyngyn like this.
  7. GVSULakers9456

    GVSULakers9456 2+ Year Member

    34
    27
    May 14, 2014
    ...
     
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. ace12345

    ace12345 2+ Year Member

    751
    299
    Jun 7, 2012
    Hey gyngyn, you've been so helpful throughout this process, thank you so much. Going off of this topic, I just wanted to ask when you think the appropriate time is to tell the school we are holding at that we would like to withdraw if we get off the waitlist at another school? Should we tell immediately upon deciding, or wait for confirmation that our deposit has arrived or something by the other school?
     
  9. gyngyn

    gyngyn Professor Moderator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

    20,369
    29,675
    Nov 4, 2011
    Alta California
    You don't have to wait until your deposit clears! You tell them as soon as you have decided.
    If you have a offer of acceptance it will not be revoked on a technicality (e.g. the deposit).
     
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    orthogenes likes this.

Share This Page