Asking my Psych Teacher to do research with my friends?

D

deleted947805

Hi! Let me tell you a little bit of background about my psychology teacher and what I plan on doing in the class. I am a freshman enrolled in a psychology course that gets you ready for the MCAT. We cover a lot of stuff in the class and it was really hard for me to get good grades at the beginning. But after I got tons of advice from my professor, I was able to pull off A+ on a couple of exams. She has seen me grow and knows that I study with my best friends who always get a perfect score on all her exams. She is a great and a very helpful professor that truly cares about her students’ academic standing. So I came up with the idea that I could do research with her with my two friends. It is going to be a survey for students, nothing too complicated. I, neither my friends, have no experience in research and this is our first big thing. I did not want to go and ask my professor before getting advice from others. Do you think we should approach our professor or should we just let it go?

Please be nice with your words.

Thanks in advance!

7331poas

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi! Let me tell you a little bit of background about my psychology teacher and what I plan on doing in the class. I am a freshman enrolled in a psychology course that gets you ready for the MCAT. We cover a lot of stuff in the class and it was really hard for me to get good grades at the beginning. But after I got tons of advice from my professor, I was able to pull off A+ on a couple of exams. She has seen me grow and knows that I study with my best friends who always get a perfect score on all her exams. She is a great and a very helpful professor that truly cares about her students’ academic standing. So I came up with the idea that I could do research with her with my two friends. It is going to be a survey for students, nothing too complicated. I, neither my friends, have no experience in research and this is our first big thing. I did not want to go and ask my professor before getting advice from others. Do you think we should approach our professor or should we just let it go?

Please be nice with your words.

Thanks in advance!
Doesn't sound like any type of research I have ever heard of.

chemdoctor

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I mean... It's not a terrible thing, but Idk if it's something you could list as "research experience" in your application. It'd be a cool, fun thing for you to do and talk to your professor about. You could say that you worked on a project. But for research experience, I think it'd be better for you to do something else. This is just a simple survey... most likely not a long term project

About the Ads