Asking professor to bump my grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I missed that somehow. My overal point was to chill out. You can go through this process without stressing. If you’re an educated poster posting about f’n Com in pre allo you’re doing it wrong.
Every numerical value counts. I don’t care if it’s bio, chem, or stupid comm.

No, these years meaningless if I do not get accepted to medical school. I enjoy the feeling when I do well, and know I’m one step to where I need to be. Not going out, not playing video games all day. Working is key for my happiness, and my overall direction in life. You guys can tell me for years, relax, enjoy life this and that but I don’t really care.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you guys not see his post stating that it worked?
Did it really work?

All he said was that he got A-. Maybe he just earned A-. At the beginning of the thread he just said that he will probably be getting 89%. He could have earned 89.7% and that is rounded of course. So, I don't see why he couldn't get A-. What's so suprising...

Did professor only raise the grade for TurkishKing or he had curved for the whole class?

Did it really work?

All he said was that he got A-. Maybe he just earned A-. At the beginning of the thread he just said that he will probably be getting 89%. He could have earned 89.7% and that is rounded of course. So, I don't see why he couldn't get A-. What's so suprising...

Did professor only raise the grade for TurkishKing or he had curved for the whole class?
He doesn't curve and it doesn't matter. Why are you guys so curious. I posted the update, and thats all that matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
He doesn't curve and it doesn't matter. Why are you guys so curious. I posted the update, and thats all that matters.
It matters. What was your actual grade that you have earned?

Maybe you have just earned A-.

I don't believe that professor at any good college would raise a grade just for one student.

Reactions: 1 user
It matters. What was your actual grade that you have earned?

Maybe you have just earned A-.

I don't believe that professor at any good college would raise a grade just for one student.
My university is actually quite well. Despite my lackluster performance in communications, I can work my way around things.

When your school has 30,000 - 50,000 students.. it has its pros and cons.

Blame the competitiveness of entry to medical school or the pre-med process. Don't throw shots at me.

No, these years meaningless if I do not get accepted to medical school. I enjoy the feeling when I do well, and know I’m one step to where I need to be. Not going out, not playing video games all day. Working is key for my happiness, and my overall direction in life. You guys can tell me for years, relax, enjoy life this and that but I don’t really care.
“These years are meaningless if I don’t get accepted to medical school.” So you don’t have a plan B? What a healthy, mature, and prudent perspective. Good luck OP!

Reactions: 3 users

That's a pretty bad attitude, to be honest. I know I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but it's really unhealthy to judge your happiness, worth, or meaning by your job.

What if you get into medical school and you hate everything about it? Or when you're an attending you begin to dislike what you do? Does that mean that every year leading up to it (all ~12+ at that point) were all meaningless because you never took the time to do anything but focus on medical school?

Even as soon as the interview, when they ask you what you enjoy or what you're passionate about outside of school, will you tell them everything else is meaningless because all that matters is getting in to medical school?

I know people who thought like that and when they realized they wouldn't get in, fell into a horrible depression because they had nothing else with meaning in their life.

Go outside and enjoy yourself. I think you'll look back one day and regret not doing it if you don't. I used to think the same way, but my priorities flipped.

“These years are meaningless if I don’t get accepted to medical school.” So you don’t have a plan B? What a healthy, mature, and prudent perspective. Good luck OP!
I have a plan B that I wish not to disclose. It will all lead to the same outcome in my life.

My university is actually quite well. Despite my lackluster performance in communications, I can work my way around things.

When your school has 30,000 - 50,000 students.. it has its pros and cons.

Blame the competitiveness of entry to medical school or the pre-med process. Don't throw shots at me.
You avoided my question 3 times already. I suspect you have something to hide.

Reactions: 1 users
turkishking probably has no one in real life he can talk to about these things. he honestly sounds like a robot. let him vent/brag/whatever on this anon forum its his only way to feel good about himself

turkishking probably has no one in real life he can talk to about these things. he honestly sounds like a robot. let him vent/brag/whatever on this anon forum its his only way to feel good about himself
I don't brag :(

I have a plan B that I wish not to disclose. It will all lead to the same outcome in my life.
That’s really cryptic. Most people would say PA school or dental school. I really hope I’m not reading into this and thinking you’re referring to suicide as that would be the only other thing that makes you happy? If I’m being presumptious and reading into things I am sorry. If not see your counselor. Either way, we can go through this journey and still enjoy our lives. I bust my ass all day everyday but I still carve one day a week to take off from school and an hour or so every night to read and relax.

I work with hospital staff with literal work addiction diagnoses and their lives are not to envy.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s really cryptic. Most people would say PA school or dental school. I really hope I’m not reading into this and thinking you’re referring to suicide as that would be the only other thing that makes you happy? If I’m being presumptious and reading into things I am sorry. If not see your counselor. Either way, we can go through this journey and still enjoy our lives. I bust my ass all day everyday but I still carve one day a week to take off from school and an hour or so every night to read and relax.

I work with hospital staff with literal work addiction diagnoses and their lives are not to envy.
No man. I'm talking about other ways of achieving the same goal.

Oh gawd, you don't mean going Carib or IMG, do you?
I've got my money on inventing that machine and getting the surgery from the movie "Face-off", stealing a soon to be M1s identity, and then going through medical school and residency to become a physician.

Edit: If I'm right, I have mad respect for you.

solid plan B. i wish i could go to my home country as plan b but it sorta has no infrastructure

This thread has been derailed from all the people who don't agree with me asking "if my professor rounds". It's best that it gets closed.

This thread has been derailed from all the people who don't agree with me asking "if my professor rounds". It's best that it gets closed.

If you worded the title better this wouldn’t be an issue.