Asking schools why they are a better choice than other local schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddbleek685

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that I should ask an interviewer why their school is better than another local school? For example, should I ask Tulane why they are better than LSU-New Orleans or Shreveport or would it show that you are not as interested in their school/considering other options?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not recommend asking it this way since you technically need them more than they need you.

Do you guys think that I should ask an interviewer why their school is better than another local school? For example, should I ask Tulane why they are better than LSU-New Orleans or Shreveport or would it show that you are not as interested in their school/considering other options?

it sounds pretty pompous. like you think you are gauranteed a spot so now theys should do their best to convince you to come to their school. thats how it comes off to me at least

I can see what you guys mean-I was just wondering as another poster had put this in an earlier thread regarding questions to ask:

In your opinion, what sets this school apart from other med schools (or from other med schools in this region/tier)?

But rereading it sounds less arrogant than how I had originally put it-thanks for your help!