Assessment of Clinical Skills 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asprin84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am looking for someone to start preparing (ACS) clinical skills 2014 with. We can use discuss skills problems with each other.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am also preparing for the ndbe clinical skills assessment course to give either in 2014 or 2015. Please, can you tell me how you are preparing for the exam. Also, any advice on how to prepare for clinical judgement course?
Thanks.

You can research and develop your skills from Online cases studies which will help you to improve your skills and prepare for the exam. TCCDS has shared some case study online.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!
I just wanted to share some of my experience. I took the ACS in June 2014 and failed. I took a course for 2 weeks in March and then practised with a home set up.
I find quite surprising that not too many people share anything about this exam.
First of all for those taking it for the first time let me tell you that your nerves are going to be your worst enemy, if you're able to control yourself and be comfortable with being watched and judged as you work, you have won half the battle.
Another thing I wish someone would have told me is that, in order to pass, your work HAS to be PERFECT. Nothing else will do.
Realize that they want to pass the least amount of people (they cannot flood the market). So only the top of the batch is going to make it. Once again, your work has to be perfect, if you think you can pass with so-so work you are wrong. In the protocol you might get the impression that you have a range of acceptable work, but is not so. They are very nitpicky when they grade you.
I know people who worked really hard and still did not passed in their second time. For example one of them had 8 As and another had 9 As and somehow the rest of their work did not match the majority of their work. And one of them is going to appeal because she is sure that her work was excellent (enough to pass). I wish more people would voice concerns or complaints about their experience.
In my case I still have room for improvement. But I really wonder about the fairness of the process. Is it worth the money and the time it takes? I guess if you dont try you will never know.
Anyway, I don't want to discourage anyone, on the contrary, I just want to inform. Best regards.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for sharing your experience. Its a shame nobody wants to talk about the clinical skills exam.
Those who have cleared it are not willing to share any tips or information, or even those who have not made it are not willing to share with others their experience of the exams.

Hello!
I just wanted to share some of my experience. I took the ACS in June 2014 and failed. I took a course for 2 weeks in March and then practised with a home set up.
I find quite surprising that not too many people share anything about this exam.
First of all for those taking it for the first time let me tell you that your nerves are going to be your worst enemy, if you're able to control yourself and be comfortable with being watched and judged as you work, you have won half the battle.
Another thing I wish someone would have told me is that, in order to pass, your work HAS to be PERFECT. Nothing else will do.
Realize that they want to pass the least amount of people (they cannot flood the market). So only the top of the batch is going to make it. Once again, your work has to be perfect, if you think you can pass with so-so work you are wrong. In the protocol you might get the impression that you have a range of acceptable work, but is not so. They are very nitpicky when they grade you.
I know people who worked really hard and still did not passed in their second time. For example one of them had 8 As and another had 9 As and somehow the rest of their work did not match the majority of their work. And one of them is going to appeal because she is sure that her work was excellent (enough to pass). I wish more people would voice concerns or complaints about their experience.
In my case I still have room for improvement. But I really wonder about the fairness of the process. Is it worth the money and the time it takes? I guess if you dont try you will never know.
Anyway, I don't want to discourage anyone, on the contrary, I just want to inform. Best regards.

Really appreciate the info you posted. Is there anyway I could speak with you about this a little more? I'm currently in my 4th year DDS and I'll be going through the equivalency process in 2016. I don't really know anyone that has done the ACS so any information I can get is really appreciated. Feel free to add me on facebook ( Scott Kennedy from Poznan)

hi, i have the ACS this december and i would really appreciate any advise, specially with tha preparation for amalgam class 2 please!!!!

I am selling all the material needed for clinical skills NDEB Canada.
The kit includes -
- all hand instruments
- typhodont with oral cavity cover (good condition)
- impression and restoration material
- rubber dam kit (hygenic)
- extra Kilgore teeth
- curing light (one from e-bay and one ivoclar light)

I've already sold all the new burs and some other items.
If you're interested in buying the above material msg me.

Last edited:
Really appreciate the info you posted. Is there anyway I could speak with you about this a little more? I'm currently in my 4th year DDS and I'll be going through the equivalency process in 2016. I don't really know anyone that has done the ACS so any information I can get is really appreciated. Feel free to add me on facebook ( Scott Kennedy from Poznan)
Hey! i've just graduated from Spain and would also like to do the NDEB equivalency process end of this year. Have you started doing any exams yet? Really need a study partner!

I am selling all the material needed for clinical skills NDEB Canada.
The kit includes -
- all hand instruments
- typhodont with oral cavity cover (good condition)
- impression and restoration material
- rubber dam kit (hygenic)
- extra Kilgore teeth
- curing light (one from e-bay and one ivoclar light)

I've already sold all the new burs and some other items.
If you're interested in buying the above material msg me.

do you have the full list of what we need? i have some instruments but not sure if its enough or the correct type?