"assumption" questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of assumption questions in bio and verbal, and I am a bit annoyed by them. To me, a lot of the assumption questions aren't really assumptions but "this happened as a result of x" question. I don't see it as an assumption, so I end up second guessing myself at times. I've learned to just "stay stupid" and go with the obvious one, but does anyone else feel this way too?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah i've felt this way too. I even have a particular question in mind from AAMC #3 - almost got it wrong because I over-thought it.

I just figure that the assumption answer is looking for a piece of valid information not stated in the passage.

For example:

Passage info: Phosphorylated Proteins are required to transmit signals in the cell. Drug A is administered and signals stop being transferred.
Assumption: Drug A is somehow negatively implicated in the signalling cascade through phosphorylated proteins.

Yeah, the above is what Drug A does. But it follows the assumption criteria in that Information + Assumption = Result. Obviously take my example with a grain of salt, considering the AAMC passages are much more refined, but the general gist of the idea is there.