ASTRO Presidential Address - TLDR version

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t do Twitter cause social media is cancer so I will post here instead:

1. Social justice - we need more diversity in the specialty and need to stop the white male micro aggressions and unconscious biases.

2. Burnout - this needs to improve. What better way to do this than academic expansion and consolidation? As we all know physicians in academic satellites are deliriously happy, content and have a major say in what their RN/MBA overlords wish to do.

3. Jobs - Potters tweeted that there are lot of academic jobs. Thank you - next

4. Carbon therapy - “the bar for clinical efficacy should be pretty high before we adopt this.” I feel very positive about this given the many, many positive randomized proton trials which showed clear superiority to photons.

5. Future indications - liver cancer (intense competition with IR), MPM (we may need to start using asbestos again otherwise these patients will disappear), mets.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

1. Social justice - we need more diversity in the specialty and need to stop the white male micro aggressions and unconscious biases.

2. Burnout - this needs to improve. What better way to do this than academic expansion and consolidation? As we all know physicians in academic satellites are deliriously happy, content and have a major say in what their RN/MBA overlords wish to do.

4. Carbon therapy - “the bar for clinical efficacy should be pretty high before we adopt this.” I feel very positive about this given the many, many positive randomized proton trials which showed clear superiority to photons.

5. Future indications - liver cancer (intense competition with IR), MPM (we may need to start using asbestos again otherwise these patients will disappear), mets.
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

No mention of FLASH or cardiac SBRT? I need to finish my buzzword bingo card, come on man.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)