At A Crossroads in My Studying -- where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BNSN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm at a fork. My exam is August 5 and I have been studying since late April. Currently, I have done the following:

1) Gone through all 4 EK science books.
2) Done EK 1001 Orgo and Bio
3) Completed EK 16 Mini MCATS

Right now, the rest of my plan calls for:

1) Doing all Kaplan sectionals, topicals, discretes, and physical science/biological science tests for all 4 science sections (I am done with physics, which is harder for me than any other topic). So I think I can complete all of this material by the 20th.
2) From the 18th till the 25th, I want to do the TPR MCAT Workout book (has about 80 questions in passage style for each MCAT science topic) Kaplan's MCAT 45 book.
3) From the 25th of June till August 5, I want to complete 32* practice exams and all of the EK 101 VR book.
a) 11 Kaplan FL's (all old paper)
b) 10 TPR FL's (6 CBTs, 4 old paper)
c) 3 BR exams (CBT)
c) 8 AAMC exams

I have other exams like 10 GS exams (CBT) and 4 EK exams (paper) that I might do if I have time.

So...is this a good plan? Would you add/take away anything?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, I'm at a fork. My exam is August 5 and I have been studying since late April. Currently, I have done the following:

1) Gone through all 4 EK science books.
2) Done EK 1001 Orgo and Bio
3) Completed EK 16 Mini MCATS

Right now, the rest of my plan calls for:

1) Doing all Kaplan sectionals, topicals, discretes, and physical science/biological science tests for all 4 science sections (I am done with physics, which is harder for me than any other topic). So I think I can complete all of this material by the 20th.
2) From the 18th till the 25th, I want to do the TPR MCAT Workout book (has about 80 questions in passage style for each MCAT science topic) Kaplan's MCAT 45 book.
3) From the 25th of July till August 5, I want to complete 32* practice exams and all of the EK 101 VR book.
a) 11 Kaplan FL's (all old paper)
b) 10 TPR FL's (6 CBTs, 4 old paper)
c) 3 BR exams (CBT)
c) 8 AAMC exams

I have other exams like 10 GS exams (CBT) and 4 EK exams (paper) that I might do if I have time.

So...is this a good plan? Would you add/take away anything?

Thanks.

32 exams in 12 days? That's very high expectations. Do you have time to review all of the questions you miss if you take that many?