at KCOM, which cell service is best?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by cardiolog, Apr 15, 2004.

1. cardiolog

cardiolog Member
    7+ Year Member

Does T-Mobile work well in Kirksville and in particular, in the student apartments and classrooms? What service should i opt for?

2. tsh52777

tsh52777 Junior Member

Alltell is the major cell service in kirksville. Alltell is pretty big in the south. Besides the alltell tower, supposedly sprint was moving in as well. But I'm not sure if that ever happened. Not sure how well t-mobile does.

3. s42brown

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sprint has an antenna on the KCOM water tower. We get great service.

4. rbassdo

rbassdo newly hindu
    7+ Year Member

Don't choose Alltel. I've had terrible service, but can't switch because I don't want to change my phone #. Sprint seems to be best, plus KCOM students get 25% off their bill!!

p.s. why do i have bad karma??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Rbassdo, you should be able to switch cell phones providers and keep your current number. There was a regulatory change and now you can take your number with you no matter who the provider is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cardiolog

cardiolog Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks guys, how about verizon?

7. rbassdo

rbassdo newly hindu
    7+ Year Member

That is not quite true. This new law/regulation only applies to the top 50 or 100 (I can't remember) U.S. markets. All the other markets aren't required to provide this service until later this year. About a month ago, I contacted a Sprint guy who said that people in Kirksville should be able to switch in May or June, but who knows.

8. BiochemMan

BiochemMan Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't get T-Mobile. It only works within certain areas within the city limits. Once outside of the city, it doesn't work, unless on roam. I also had cingular before coming to KCOM, and it is only on roam while in Kirksville or outside of Kirksville. Alltell and Sprint, from my understanding, are the two best for this area. Most of my friends have Sprint, and it seems to work fine for this area and the surrounding area.