cardiolog

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
Status
Does T-Mobile work well in Kirksville and in particular, in the student apartments and classrooms? What service should i opt for?

tsh52777

15+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
Status
Alltell is the major cell service in kirksville. Alltell is pretty big in the south. Besides the alltell tower, supposedly sprint was moving in as well. But I'm not sure if that ever happened. Not sure how well t-mobile does.

s42brown

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Sprint has an antenna on the KCOM water tower. We get great service.

About the Ads

rbassdo

newly hindu
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2002
K'ville, MO
Status
Don't choose Alltel. I've had terrible service, but can't switch because I don't want to change my phone #. Sprint seems to be best, plus KCOM students get 25% off their bill!!

p.s. why do i have bad karma??

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2000
sodom, south georgia
rbassdo said:
Don't choose Alltel. I've had terrible service, but can't switch because I don't want to change my phone #.
Rbassdo, you should be able to switch cell phones providers and keep your current number. There was a regulatory change and now you can take your number with you no matter who the provider is.

rbassdo

newly hindu
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2002
K'ville, MO
Status
daveswafford said:
Rbassdo, you should be able to switch cell phones providers and keep your current number. There was a regulatory change and now you can take your number with you no matter who the provider is.
That is not quite true. This new law/regulation only applies to the top 50 or 100 (I can't remember) U.S. markets. All the other markets aren't required to provide this service until later this year. About a month ago, I contacted a Sprint guy who said that people in Kirksville should be able to switch in May or June, but who knows.

BiochemMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2003
Kirksville, MO
Visit site
Status
Don't get T-Mobile. It only works within certain areas within the city limits. Once outside of the city, it doesn't work, unless on roam. I also had cingular before coming to KCOM, and it is only on roam while in Kirksville or outside of Kirksville. Alltell and Sprint, from my understanding, are the two best for this area. Most of my friends have Sprint, and it seems to work fine for this area and the surrounding area.

About the Ads