At what price is UoP worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldicecream

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think we all know that Pacific is really expensive even though you graduate in 3 years. The $470k price tag doesn't seem worth it. What price do you think it would be worth to graduate in 3 years? Let's assume you're coming straight from undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think we all know that Pacific is really expensive even though you graduate in 3 years. The $470k price tag doesn't seem worth it. What price do you think it would be worth to graduate in 3 years? Let's assume you're coming straight from undergrad.

I’d be comfortable with $200-$250K. I’m well aware that this is an unrealistic ask in today’s environment of soaring costs, but that’s about the maximum I would pay for a dental education.

I think this is a great career, but school is demanding, the profession is demanding, and after 8 years of education, I think a $470K loan is a heavy burden for anyone to have.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

so the school tries to sell it as, "you finish in three years, so you get to add an extra year to your career"
the problem is, most pre-dents think they are making one more year of starting salary
no, you are making one more year of PEAK earnings
something to think about...

the problem is, most pre-dents think they are making one more year of starting salary
no, you are making one more year of PEAK earnings
something to think about...

At $476,000 UOP is $255,000 more than my state school ($222,000). After ten years of loan repayment my 222K turned into $314,000 while UOP's 476K cost you $673,000. I'm done paying my debt and the UOP grad owes another 350,000. That is the pre tax income to pay that off in one fell swoop is 500,000. Average dentist makes 200,000.