• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
Attending Physician
i've heard that some places don't really care whether or not you've done an away at their institution, whereas at others it can really help get your foot in the door. i figured that we could maybe start a list based on previous applicants' experiences. me personally, i'd like to do some aways in CA, FL, TX, WA, or LA. what places are good to do aways at in those states?

kinetic

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Because I've never done away rotations in my life. (Plus, getting advice from me on how to succeed in residency would be pretty dumb. :D Read my 'Ah, the ED ...' thread if you have the time. Or see:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=1365501&postcount=26 )

If you are lazy and don't know anything, there are no good away rotations.

If you are hard-working and smart, you can do an away rotation anywhere and it will benefit you.

Simple. (Satisfied? Now go post some new threads, damnit!)

About the Ads