Atlanta Medical Center Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STEPonGAS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about this program? I could not find any review on Scutwork.

Thank you.

SoG

Members don't see this ad.

dont know much but I did a surg rotation in august and one of the FM interns was with surgery for the month I was there. She said she liked it and liked how it was set up. 2 months at surg. would suck( I didnt like surgery there)since call and workload are heavy. call AMC and get more info

:thumbup: / :thumbdown:

Here's a quick rundown - from when I interviewed:
Pros- faculty very invested in the program (program director is also the founder of the program)
- family medicine is one of the strongest specialties @ AMC
- in Atlanta (lots of fun; plenty of variety re: pt population)

Cons - program is on shaky ground financially
(they're a new program, so they don't have a huge bank account; they're the only FM program I've interviewed at where they didn't set up the interviewees w. accomdations bf; they scut out their own residents first year AND second yr on other services at AMC -- b/c don't have the finances to control more of the curriculum structure; the clinic has no electronic records and seems very financially strapped; I had to pay for parking at the hospital during the interview)
- residents largely international
(so although strong - are not especially tight knit or supportive; the dinner before was particularly awkward)

See what you think during the interview - it seems like the residents are well trained. Just not especially happy.