Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone I got an offer from Trinity on April 15th and I got an offer from Cork today.

I already accepted Trinity so I will be rejecting Cork.

I am wondering why would they send you an offer for UCC if you have already accepted offer to Trinity?

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering why would they send you an offer for UCC if you have already accepted offer to Trinity?
lol I don't know doesn't really matter, I'll be rejecting it and attending TCD. Information is not shared between schools from what I know.

Anyways have a great weekend and good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted ABP via email about an hour after ss234 announced his successful decision for the 5 year program at UCC. I informed ABP that I had learned of 5 year decisions from UCC. This was the response;

"UCC has not yet made a decision on your application.

Your file remains open for consideration at UCC and TCD. "

Otherwise, no real information at all regarding whether or not UCC had sent out 1st round 5 year offers. They are playing this very close to their chest and being non-commital. If they had told me that first round offers were out for both universities, I would assume my chances are pretty poor and that I should accept my offer at McGill, pay my deposits and start planning to move to Montreal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also emailed ABP today and that is the response that I got from Robert.

First round offers for UCC and TCD have been made.

Unfortunately, you have not received a first round offer, however, you are eligible to receive a second round offer.

We currently do not have an exact timeframe of when second round offers will be made.

It is possible that second round offers will be made in late-May.

the wait is just killing me :(

Reactions: 1 users
I also got the offer for the 5 year program from UCC; however I too already accepted the Trinity one. Since a lot of us won't take the first round offers they made, hopefully that opens up a lot of spots for the second round!!

I also got the offer for the 5 year program from UCC; however I too already accepted the Trinity one. Since a lot of us won't take the first round offers they made, hopefully that opens up a lot of spots for the second round!!

yeah I got an offer to UCC as well for the 5 year program, I'll be rejecting it as well since I already accepted TCD. So second round offers for UCC will be made soon, since a lot of us will be rejecting it.

Good luck!

yeah I got an offer to UCC as well for the 5 year program, I'll be rejecting it as well since I already accepted TCD. So second round offers for UCC will be made soon, since a lot of us will be rejecting it.

Good luck!

What is deadline for accepting/rejecting UCC 5 year offers that are recently make ?

I think the deadline is 15 days within receiving the offer, and deposit is €4,000. Tuition is €33,000 per year according to the info with the offer.

When do the mystical second round offers begin? St. Patrick's day?

I also got into UCC for their 5 year program last Friday. I did not get into Trinity for the first round so I will probably be accepting Cork. I'm just debating on taking a year off and applying to Canadian schools to see if I get in.

have offers for TCD been released yet? I applied to both UCC and TCD for dental and haven't heard back from either yet. Could someone give me a timeline of when the offers are released. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got into UCC for their 5 year program last Friday. I did not get into Trinity for the first round so I will probably be accepting Cork. I'm just debating on taking a year off and applying to Canadian schools to see if I get in.
Did you get an email and fedex letter?

Did anybody here get offer for 4 year UCC program? Also how many people have written their DAT exam here? If yes, please share DAT score stat if you don't mind..

Couldnt hurt could it? A lot of people sound like they got into American / Canadian schools on here so its worth a shot to save some cash for an extra year. Besides, the euro is going up right now....

Did anybody here get offer for 4 year UCC program? Also how many people have written their DAT exam here? If yes, please share DAT score stat if you don't mind..
I have wrote my Canadian DAT exam twice; They're not great marks, but they're 'sufficiently ok'... oh well; try, try again :)
Exam 1 fall
Natural Sciences 22
Perceptual Ability 23
Manual Dexterity 21
Reading Comp: 21

Exam 2 winter
Nat Sciences 21
Perceptual Ability 21
Manual Dexterity: 19
Reading Comprehension 24

Wow!! Sounds like a lot of you are getting in! :D Wooooooooo

Who's all waiting on a letter at this point?

**me** *fingers still crossed**... Anyone else?

Hi Everyone:
Still waiting and I'm dying a slow death here! Trying so hard to be patient but so difficult. I'm assuming they are moving on to second round of acceptances? It appears that first round has been done late March early April. Wow. This is torture.

Up until August. It's going to be a loooooong summer!
have offers for TCD been released yet? I applied to both UCC and TCD for dental and haven't heard back from either yet. Could someone give me a timeline of when the offers are released. Thanks[/QUOT

I know!! It's horrible. I wonder how many students make it in after being on the reserve list???

Wow!! Sounds like a lot of you are getting in! :D Wooooooooo

Who's all waiting on a letter at this point?

**me** *fingers still crossed**... Anyone else?
I am... I am.

Does anyone want to share their stats who have not yet received an offer for either the 4 year or 5 programs at both universities ?

I think I remember reading the Irish dental schools do not let you defer offers under any circumstances. Getting in one year doesn't mean you will get in again the next year.
Atlantic bridge seems to be getting more and more popular each year. Dentistry with its very limited spots (5-10 spots per school) and equivalency to Canadian dentistry schools is pretty competitive, something to think about before letting your offer lapse.

However if you have a great DAT and your stats are in line with those who get in, trying Canadian schools is not a terrible option.

Well, I'm assuming everyone who has not heard from the schools they applied to have been placed on their reserve list according to UCC. I don't know, kind of feeling discouraged here. :-(

So anyone still watching this forum, or is everyone packing up for ireland? ;)

GPA Science: 3.9 (36 credits)
GPA Pharmacy BSc.: 3.0

Extracurricular: don't wanna go into it too in detail but I had basically a part time job on top of school working with my Student Body for 3 years. Associated pharmacist work experience, Various Sports, volunteer tutoring, job shadowing in a dental clinic, currently working as a Chairside Dental Assistant, volunteer coordinator for free dental/health clinic for impoverished etc etc.

Do the Irish schools have a rolling admission? I sent my required documents in late March, so I think they might not have reviewed my file yet.

Last edited:
Do the Irish schools have a rolling admission? I sent my required documents in late March, so I think they might not have reviewed my file yet.
No.. they go through three rounds of admissions. I believe first round is over and second round to start soon. I've been waiting since November 2014..... It's awful waiting isn't it??

No.. they go through three rounds of admissions. I believe first round is over and second round to start soon. I've been waiting since November 2014..... It's awful waiting isn't it??
Yeah The wait is awful. I just finished my undergrad and really have no idea what to do if I don't get in this year. Hate to wait till August and then get the bad news. How do you know it is three rounds of offers? I was thinking they make offers in batches till the class is full. have heard of people who have got offers a couple weeks before classes start.

Yeah The wait is awful. I just finished my undergrad and really have no idea what to do if I don't get in this year. Hate to wait till August and then get the bad news. How do you know it is three rounds of offers? I was thinking they make offers in batches till the class is full. have heard of people who have got offers a couple weeks before classes start.
I'm just repeating what I heard. So many students have different stories. I think if you haven't heard; you should remain optimistic. You have a chance. Don't give up hope. I'm trying to keep myself distracted but I don't have that on/off switch. Lol. Best of luck to you!!!!!!

anyone have an approximate idea of when the second admission offers are going to be sent out?

Ya, I think everyone packed up and left. <hello.......hello......hello...... Anyone here...here....here.....?>

Still eagerly waiting and checking multiple days daily..

I would wait till end of this month and if I still don't hear from them then I'll start applying for US schools. It is redicolous that they don't tell us about their admission timelines.

I would wait till end of this month and if I still don't hear from them then I'll start applying for US schools. It is redicolous that they don't tell us about their admission timelines.
Well, they have. It's just a wide span; it's until August. Don't lose faith. Remain optimistic. Things will work out as they should. :)

No one has really mentioned, from the time this thread started until now, if they got a rejection letter? Did anyone get a rejection letter? Or do you know of anyone that received one?

i know one guy that received one, but only one guy. idk why those ppl dont let us know theres defs more than one

I think there will be very few additional offers. They received almost 10 times the applications they received last year due to the reciprocity with Canada.

I think there will be very few additional offers. They received almost 10 times the applications they received last year due to the reciprocity with Canada.
That's been a thing since 2012...

Perhaps,
but they received over 350 applications this year versus about 50 last year.