Atlantic Bridge Program/ Ireland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bridgie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here applying to Irish schools?

1. Do you know if the essay is due 11/15 or 12/15

2. Did you just use your AMCAS essay for the PS? Any tips for how one would be an asset to a med school?

Members don't see this ad.

everything is due november 15th!!! get moving :)

i used my amcas essay, some of which actually mentioned how i'd be an asset to med school, and tacked on about 2/3 of a page about how i'd be an asset. just talk about experiences you've had or aspects of your personality that would be beneficial to med school. for me it was fairly easy b/c i'm a bit older and have a master's degree.

My friend got her app packet late and hers said that the essay and transcripts and stuff were due 12/15, only the app and money were due 11/15. Perhaps they just gave her a special deadline. I will call later.

Thanks for your comments on the essay. I am asking because I know that the Irish system doesn't have any EC bs to it and focuses mainly on numbers. It is a weird question in that the AMCAS essay is why will you be an asset to the medical field whereas the Irish question is why you will be an asset to our school.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh... i don't know about the deadline extension. mine said 11/15, but someone on sdn said they are not looking at them until after christmas. perhaps you could call atlantic bridge or e-mail them. they have been very nice in their e-mails.

there's a thread for people applying to ireland in the international medical forum.

Hey Lola, Bridgie, and anyone else applying to Ireland,
I know that there are Ireland threads still in progress in the International forum, but lets make sure we keep it going and help each other out when the time comes next year. I thought the thread for the class that started this year was great. The posts by LeoRL, P, and whoever else I am forgetting were great. Good luck to current and future Irelanders.

P.S.- should we have this thread moved to the Int'l forum???
JMD

anyone else applying to ireland besides jmd, bridgie, and myself? if so, come join us in the international forum!