ATSU/KCOM (Kirksville) Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I only sent two. If you send anymore they may just put it in your file as a supplement. I would just send your two strongest though.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

The KCOM secondary for 2012 was released today, but it only has room for 2 LORs. Did any of you have interfolio send them more? Will they take more than what you put on the secondary?

I sent 6...they were all strong letters. So...not sure what is best, but I know they accept more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the stats to pass the screening stage for an interview?

Does anyone know when the applicants for the class starting in 2013 can expect to hear if we are granted an interview? Did anyone do the Early Decision program or is everyone doing the regular decision?

There might be a stat threshold for screening to get a secondary.....However, I assume they look at your whole package to offer an interview (your stats in conjunction with EC's, personal statement, secondary essays, etc.).

Hey, hope things are going well. Thought I would drop the stats for the class of 2016 that they told us yesterday.

KCOM Class of 2016 Entering Data

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Accepted
3.49 s
3.56 c
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

Hey, hope things are going well. Thought I would drop the stats for the class of 2016 that they told us yesterday.

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Accepted
3.49 s
3.56 c
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

172 matriculated but I'd be curious to know how many acceptances were actually offered.

This refers to the Early Decision Program, which most people applying for the 2013 school year will be looking at right now:

To qualify for early decision the applicant must:
  1. Meet a minimum GPA of 3.50 both cumulative and in the sciences (biology, chemistry, physics).
  2. Have taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) and earned a composite score of 24 or higher.
  3. File the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) application and supporting credentials by August 1.
  4. File all secondary materials with KCOM by September 15.
  5. Submit Letter of Intent by August 1 indicating that the applicant is applying only to KCOM and wishes to be considered for early decision.
  6. Withhold all applications to other medical schools until early decisions are made by KCOM.
I would assume that the minimums mentioned are what they require if you will be going early decision, but there may be exceptions in the event that you have a lot of clinical history such as a critical care or military nurse, but beside that, if you don't meet those requirements I would not expect a call back for EDP. When they begin the process for the Standard Decisions, I would say that those with lower GPAs and/or lower MCAT scores could get interviews.

So they interview about 13% of the applicants, accept 31% of the interviewees, so overall accept about 4% of the total applicant pool. I would love to know the numbers for the EDP, but since the interviews are in Mid-Late September and possibly in early October, I guess we will be waiting another 2 - 4 Weeks to hear about EDP interviews.

172 matriculated but I'd be curious to know how many acceptances were actually offered.

If anyone could provide this info that would be awesome!

Also, to current students or people who have already interviewed here: what's the interview like? I read the description and it seems to be pretty intense!

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Accepted
3.49 s
3.56 c
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

This refers to the Early Decision Program, which most people applying for the 2013 school year will be looking at right now:

To qualify for early decision the applicant must:
  1. Meet a minimum GPA of 3.50 both cumulative and in the sciences (biology, chemistry, physics).
  2. Have taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) and earned a composite score of 24 or higher.
  3. File the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) application and supporting credentials by August 1.
  4. File all secondary materials with KCOM by September 15.
  5. Submit Letter of Intent by August 1 indicating that the applicant is applying only to KCOM and wishes to be considered for early decision.
  6. Withhold all applications to other medical schools until early decisions are made by KCOM.
I would assume that the minimums mentioned are what they require if you will be going early decision, but there may be exceptions in the event that you have a lot of clinical history such as a critical care or military nurse, but beside that, if you don't meet those requirements I would not expect a call back for EDP. When they begin the process for the Standard Decisions, I would say that those with lower GPAs and/or lower MCAT scores could get interviews.

So they interview about 13% of the applicants, accept 31% of the interviewees, so overall accept about 4% of the total applicant pool. I would love to know the numbers for the EDP, but since the interviews are in Mid-Late September and possibly in early October, I guess we will be waiting another 2 - 4 Weeks to hear about EDP interviews.

If anyone could provide this info that would be awesome!

Also, to current students or people who have already interviewed here: what's the interview like? I read the description and it seems to be pretty intense!

This is the 2011 thread.

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Accepted
3.49 s
3.56 c
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

That's a really low interview acceptance ratio. I think it's 172 that matriculate. They must accept more than the number they matriculate, right?

I'm new to this whole process. What does being "on-hold" mean exactly for an out of state applicant? It this a "we don't love you enough for an interview invite" sign or simply because they are sending interviews to in-state residents first?

I'm new to this whole process. What does being "on-hold" mean exactly for an out of state applicant? It this a "we don't love you enough for an interview invite" sign or simply because they are sending interviews to in-state residents first?

this is the 2011 thread...:cool: