ATSU-KCOM v my other schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eturch

Reaction score
I have been very fortunate to have been admitted to a number of DO schools including ATSU-KCOM, ATSU-SOMA, NSU-KCOM, WVSOM, WCUCOM, and ACOM. So far, I am leaning towards ATSU-KCOM due to the ultrasound curriculum, how well the school is established and its solid board scores and match rates + placement. Ngl, Kirksville scares me a lot just because it looks like a terrible place to live but I figure that I will manage for two years. I was wondering if out of all the schools I have been accepted to thus far if ATSU-KCOM will be the best choice. For reference, I am an Illinois resident and would like to go into family med or OB-GYN.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say so out of that list. It won’t be too far from home either compared to all the other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say so out of that list. It won’t be too far from home either compared to all the other schools.
It would be a 6 hour drive but I agree that it would be the closest to home out of that list!

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow IL resident! KCOM easily tbh

If you want to go into family medicine or OB-GYN, go with whatever school is cheapest that will still give you solid foundational knowledge.

KCOM gives you a solid foundation. And honestly, Kirksville may be the very best place to be a medical student -- there are absolutely no distractions.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users