ATSU Mesa Interview - Go or no go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please pardon my lack of general knowledge about ATSU - Mesa.

I just received an interview invitation for the school. After reading some of the threads on ATSU Mesa as well as reading up on the ATSU Mesa website, I'm having second thoughts about going to school there. The curriculum seems odd, with going to CHC's after your first year. And there's a chance that you could end up who-knows-where. (I've seen the list of CHC's.)

I'm wondering whether or not to actually schedule an interview or withdraw. I would greatly appreciate information/impressions from those of you who have attended the interview day (it's a day-long process) at the school.

Of course, one of the questions to consider is if the school is a good fit for the applicant. As an applicant, I have a low GPA and high MCAT numbers, 1 1/2 years work experience in an osteopathic clinic, 4 1/2 years working in a hospital (both were full time), and a graduate degree. I have an interest in pursuing possibly cardiology or neurology, but would be happy doing IM / primary care.

Any advice / information would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

do you have an acceptance anywhere else?

If not I'd say go, you really have nothing to lose at this point.

word ...

if u got in somewhere more established, dont bother ... if not, then go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you have an acceptance anywhere else?
If not I'd say go, you really have nothing to lose at this point.

I do not. I have one waitlist on an allopathic school.
I will probably go to this interview, seeing as I do have nothing to lose, outside of money. Which is actually of small concern when weighed against the expenses of medical school anyway.

Anyone have any interview feedback / impression about the school?
I know there are other threads on ATSU Mesa, but it's a lot of conjecture. Anything solid?

I do not. I have one waitlist on an allopathic school.
I will probably go to this interview, seeing as I do have nothing to lose, outside of money. Which is actually of small concern when weighed against the expenses of medical school anyway.

Anyone have any interview feedback / impression about the school?
I know there are other threads on ATSU Mesa, but it's a lot of conjecture. Anything solid?

isnt it a new school with far less publicity than DCOM and Touro-NY? thas all i know ...

If you can afford it financially go. Just give their program a chance and listen to what they have to say. If you go down there and you don't like it at least you know for sure its not for you rather than missing out.

I am in the same situation. I decided to reschedual my interview for a lot later than I was going to so that I can think about it more.