parpar2222

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Hi Guys! I was wondering if I have a shot at either ATSU- SOMA and Kirksville with these stats? I submitted my secondary yesterday for both schools...still hope I am early in the cycle.

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11
gGPA- 3.83 (MPH in Biostats)

California native, UC Davis graduate, tons of research experience, have shadowed a D.O., mission trip to Honduras (etc.)...

edgerock24

5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hi Guys! I was wondering if I have a shot at either ATSU- SOMA and Kirksville with these stats? I submitted my secondary yesterday for both schools...still hope I am early in the cycle.

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11

California native, UC Davis graduate, tons of research experience, have shadowed a D.O., mission trip to Honduras (etc.)...
Your GPA's are low but your MCAT is above their averages. As long as they do not screen below a 3.2 for sGPA, you have a solid shot at interviews at both schools.

Reactions: parpar2222

austintr

5000 candles in the wind
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2014
Probably the library
Status
Medical Student

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11

It wouldnt't be unreasonable to expect an II from one if not both schools. Kirksville only screens below 2.8 if I recall correctly. Assuming you have a good overall app w/ experiences, letters, etc. I would say you have a good shot. It's still plenty early. Good luck!

tony101

2+ Year Member
May 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student
How long does it take to get a response? I was told I was under review from around july 5th-july 8th. Yet I have gotten nothing, its been weeks D:

Ho0v-man

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Why specifically these two schools? They're thousands of miles away from one another and have completely different curricula.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP
P

parpar2222

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Why specifically these two schools? They're thousands of miles away from one another and have completely different curricula.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well those aren't the only two I applied to. SOMA I would prefer tho cause it's closer to my home state, California