ATSU - SOMA and Kirksville chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parpar2222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I was wondering if I have a shot at either ATSU- SOMA and Kirksville with these stats? I submitted my secondary yesterday for both schools...still hope I am early in the cycle.

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11
gGPA- 3.83 (MPH in Biostats)

California native, UC Davis graduate, tons of research experience, have shadowed a D.O., mission trip to Honduras (etc.)...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys! I was wondering if I have a shot at either ATSU- SOMA and Kirksville with these stats? I submitted my secondary yesterday for both schools...still hope I am early in the cycle.

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11

California native, UC Davis graduate, tons of research experience, have shadowed a D.O., mission trip to Honduras (etc.)...
Your GPA's are low but your MCAT is above their averages. As long as they do not screen below a 3.2 for sGPA, you have a solid shot at interviews at both schools.

Reactions: 1 user

MCAT- 507
cGPA- 3.27
sGPA- 3.11

It wouldnt't be unreasonable to expect an II from one if not both schools. Kirksville only screens below 2.8 if I recall correctly. Assuming you have a good overall app w/ experiences, letters, etc. I would say you have a good shot. It's still plenty early. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to get a response? I was told I was under review from around july 5th-july 8th. Yet I have gotten nothing, its been weeks D:

Why specifically these two schools? They're thousands of miles away from one another and have completely different curricula.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why specifically these two schools? They're thousands of miles away from one another and have completely different curricula.

Well those aren't the only two I applied to. SOMA I would prefer tho cause it's closer to my home state, California

Well those aren't the only two I applied to. SOMA I would prefer tho cause it's closer to my home state, California

Ah. Gotcha. Thought that was kinda weird if you were all "ATSU or bust!" Haha

Best of luck to ya.

Reactions: 1 user