ATSU-SOMA vs ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fets1258

Reaction score
Hey guys! Need some advice here. I've been accepted to ATSU-SOMA and have an upcoming interview at ATSU-KCOM that I am thinking about withdrawing. I have recently interviewed at both TCOM and KCU (my top 2 choices) and would chose either of those schools over the ATSU campuses, if accepted. I may not hear back from these schools before my ATSU-KCOM interview date.

Basically my question is: Is KCOM a "better" school than SOMA? Is KCOM worth interviewing at in case I do not get into either TCOM or KCU? I think I would be happy going to SOMA and would rather not go through another interview, but at the same time do not want to turn down a school that may give me a better educational opportunity.

All advice appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

On paper KCOM is slightly 'better' than SOMA but not by much. Between KCOM and SOMA, it boils down to whether or not you like the traditional 4 year curriculum vs. the 1+3 curriculum.

Would you be happy if you settled for primary care? If yes, then choose SOMA and forgo the KCOM interview. If not, attend the KCOM interview and wait for TCOM or KCU

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user