ATT expiring soon & I cant take the test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Here is the situation - I've CPJE scheduled for 28th March, ATT expires April 12th and NAPLEX scheduled for 4th April, ATT expires April 11th.
I have no time to study. I'm going to school for PhD and need to finish up by a certain time. I know if I take these tests I'm going to fail.
Now these are the options I am thinking about -
1) Take the tests, if I pass... miracle, if I fail I wait and study hard next 3 months and take the tests again.
2) Cancel the tests now, let the ATT expire and re-register for the exams and get a new ATT.
My question is -
1) What would you do if you were in my shoes?
2) If I cancel my test and re-register, will I lose one attempt?
3) Does California BOP need any explanation for why I let my ATT expire without taking a test? Do they give a hard-time to reprocess new ATT?
Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a limit of how many times you can take the CPJE...

Hello all,
Here is the situation - I've CPJE scheduled for 28th March, ATT expires April 12th and NAPLEX scheduled for 4th April, ATT expires April 11th.
I have no time to study. I'm going to school for PhD and need to finish up by a certain time. I know if I take these tests I'm going to fail.
Now these are the options I am thinking about -
1) Take the tests, if I pass... miracle, if I fail I wait and study hard next 3 months and take the tests again.
2) Cancel the tests now, let the ATT expire and re-register for the exams and get a new ATT.
My question is -
1) What would you do if you were in my shoes?
2) If I cancel my test and re-register, will I lose one attempt?
3) Does California BOP need any explanation for why I let my ATT expire without taking a test? Do they give a hard-time to reprocess new ATT?
Thank you very much.