Attendance policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heeed!

On target, On time!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting next semester, NSUCOM is elevating our mandatory lecture attendance policy to a new level. The initial word is we will have to swipe our ID cards at the start of each lecture and at the end.

Is anyone else experiencing a policy such as this???

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM has a mandatory attendance policy. But it never goes beyond a sign-in sheet.

We get to swipe our IDs at the front door :)

Dr_sax

Nope. And if I found out about this policy before choosing a school, I would immediately scratch it off the list. Going to class in med school is THE biggest waste of life. I would consider looking into transferring schools if I was already enrolled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Heeed!
Starting next semester, NSUCOM is elevating our mandatory lecture attendance policy to a new level. The initial word is we will have to swipe our ID cards at the start of each lecture and at the end.

:eek:
You've got to be kidding me! Will you also have a uniformed guard with mirrored sunglasses watching you at all times in case you get out of line?
Are there visiting hours?
Do you all have to wear orange scrubs?

One word of advice:

DON'T DROP THE SOAP ! :laugh:

We had an attendance policy at UHS last year for about 2 weeks. We all had a massive revolt and the Dean overturned the policy. It was completely stupid. The had to pay someone to check and see if everyone was in their "assigned" seats before EVERY lecture; 4 lectures per day. What a waste of money. I agree, most of the time going to class in medical school only keeps you from doing what you need to be doing most: studying.

Originally posted by Heeed!

That really bites. Lecture is for SUCKERS!!!!! :laugh:

Originally posted by DireWolf
Nope. And if I found out about this policy before choosing a school, I would immediately scratch it off the list. Going to class in med school is THE biggest waste of life. I would consider looking into transferring schools if I was already enrolled.

Yes, well...considering I havent seen you in lecture in about 13 months...and knowing how much you pay to go here:)

Originally posted by Idiopathic
Yes, well...considering I havent seen you in lecture in about 13 months...and knowing how much you pay to go here:)

With an attendance policy I would have been kicked out long ago. :cool:

In my opinion: every department is so abosrbed in their own material that they each conspire to waste as much of your time as possible.

Medical School is a challenge in time management! Figure out who is wasting your time - prevent them from doing it - and succeed. I have peers that never miss a class, are stressed out of their minds, never get any sleep, and do not do very well on exams.

I just do not need a PhD to read his/her notes to me!! Mandatory class attendance is atrocious - we are not in high school. If lecture works for you - GREAT!

I dont go to class and I do very well in school.

I go to labs and prelabs from the OMM dept.