Attending NJMS living near RWJ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iferg17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sister goes to pharm school at Rutgers and I plan on attending NJMS next year. We figure we can save some cash by living together. Is the commute to NJMS a nightmare from Piscataway (specifically college avenue)? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

from piscataway it may take you anywhere from 45-60minutes to get to NJMS - not including trying to find parking and any traffic you may get stuck in. I would recommend finding a place in woodbridge. This way you are about 30min from NJMS and your sister is still only 15 minutes away.

Piscataway is a doable commute, just not ideal. Why not try out the travel time once? That's the best way to get an idea if it's something you want to be doing at rush hour every morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
4 Ever said:
from piscataway it may take you anywhere from 45-60minutes to get to NJMS - not including trying to find parking and any traffic you may get stuck in. I would recommend finding a place in woodbridge. This way you are about 30min from NJMS and your sister is still only 15 minutes away.
My sister lives around woodbridge so i know the area somewhat. I think its a good halfway point so that both you and your sister are not too far from your schools.

I did research at NJMS my senior year at Rutgers, and I drove to NJMS about 2-3 mornings a week. It's not murder, but rush hour will get you (both morning and evening). I'd say count on a good 45 minutes each way, at least - plus parking time at NJMS (the parking garage is very crowded). I agree with the above posters - this commute isn't really something you want your first year.

Enjoy NJMS, btw - tons of trauma stuff :).

I live in Princeton and commute to NJMS on NEC. Print your scribe notes 4 to a page (keep your backpack light) and carry BRS. All your text books are in the library if you need to study there. If you need info about NJMS, give me a buzz.

William Sproule, MSII
NSMS '07