Attention people who have applied already: How does AMCAS handle institutional actions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NVdisG

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to prepare for the AMCAS which i will complete in May. Thanks for your help. I was wondering what the institutional action section is like? Does it simply say "Click Yes if you ever received an IA" and then you click yes and explain? Or is there more to it like whether you click Yes or No you still have to send in a letter from the Dean stating that either your conduct record is clean or if you have a record of a violation (that's how it was when I applied on the Common App for transfer)

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I am trying to prepare for the AMCAS which i will complete in May. Thanks for your help. I was wondering what the institutional action section is like? Does it simply say "Click Yes if you ever received an IA" and then you click yes and explain? Or is there more to it like whether you click Yes or No you still have to send in a letter from the Dean stating that either your conduct record is clean or if you have a record of a violation (that's how it was when I applied on the Common App for transfer)

Thanks!!

You click yes and there is a box to explain. Some schools (Boston, Tufts, Temple) request letters from your undergrad explaining it in addition to what you put on the amcas

You click yes and there is a box to explain. Some schools (Boston, Tufts, Temple) request letters from your undergrad explaining it in addition to what you put on the amcas
Any other schools besides ones you mention ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you send those individually to those schools, or is there a spot to submit them to AMCAS?

WashU, I believe, requires a Dean's Certification Letter. As well as maybe Medical College of Wisconsin.