Attentional Control

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corona21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to apply to PhD programs for the year 2013. This year I thought I was a competitive applicant - but alas, it is a tough world out there, and I had totally underestimated the overall scenario . Nevertheless, I realize it is time to move on. Upon discussions with my professors (with whom I am currently working), I was given the impression that I should perhaps make my interests slightly broad (I work with an arguably niche clinical population). It is in light of this, that I posted here. I am looking for some PhD programs that concentrate on executive functioning and/or attentional control in normal and clinical populations. I am aware of some of them - Wayne State, UCincinnati in particular. I am particularly interested in programs with some neuro-imaging focus, since I have some experience in this area. I would be glad if anyone could name/ provide further information about programs that fit this profile of interest.

A big thank you to all!
-Corona

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about within clinical, but I'm sure U Oregon has opportunities for it. I think Rothbart is still there, and the mere wake of Michael Posner's presence probably means abundant opportunities to study attention for everyone there. Joormann at U Miami studies it in depression. I'll post more as they come to me.

If you are interested in addiction, we study the effects of drugs on cognitive functions more generally in my lab. No neuroimaging yet (though are trying to move into that area), though we do EEG/ERP. Shoot me a PM if you want more details.