Attire at a Forensic Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So silly fashion question.

I'm going to a forensic conference this week and I am so used to just going to work every day, I thought, what should I wear - I anticipate the room being full of M.D.'s, PhD's, attorneys, judges, etc....

do I wear business professional? Business casual?

I'm not sure on this one - regardless I think I need to go shopping!

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, the last one I went to, I saw attorneys wearing stuff that I would not wear out in public. Some people dress up, some people are business casual, some people are total slobs.

hi premed,
i'm guessing you're heading to the upcoming conference in new orleans? i went last year, and there was the whole range of attire from jeans to suits. things tend to be more casual in new orleans. anything that would be appropriate on the wards is fine for the conference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hard to say given that conferences can be very different.

I was in court a few days ago, and a case manager testified looking like he hadn't showered in days. Another case manager went up just a few minutes later wearing a suit.

I'd on the least end of the spectrum dress nicely.

Thanks for the advice - I went with slacks and a dress cardigan - it was somewhere in between suit and business casual - the perfect fit!!!

PS - the conference was fantastic - Napa Forensic Scholars - I highly suggest it for next year!