Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what it everyone's daily classroom attire?

Members don't see this ad.

Generally, I wear a suit to class. If it's too hot, I'll leave the jacket at home and just wear a shirt and tie with dress pants.

Members don't see this ad :)
since it is miami and its getting to be in the 90s lately...undies with a big jug of ice water and a feathered fan strategically placed

DieselPetrolGrl said:
since it is miami and its getting to be in the 90s lately...undies with a big jug of ice water and a feathered fan strategically placed

what's your class schedule and do you need a study partner? ;) :cool:

i'm a fan of fig leafs personally.....in orange county the biggest trend is fig leaf bikini's and speedo's when you go to the beach. ;)

Well as the president you all know me to be, I am posting a dressing guide for my brothers and female counterparts.

Country Club Clothing

The basic country club ensemble is simple: khaki pants or shorts, sandals, boots or tennis shoes with a polo or button down. However, there is much more to the look than one would assume. Khakis are a must, but should usually have pleats. Cuffs will slide I guess, but I prefer not to have them. Polos should be Polo, Lacoste, Patagonia, etc. Common sense here should rule out Tommy Hilfiger, though he gets by on occasion. Dressing like you would to go to the bar when going to class is a country club move as well. Put on some khakis and a polo and you'll be best dressed in that class for sure. Now, when attempting to go above and beyond in the country club world, linen is your best friend. You can NEVER have too much linen. Seersucker is also country clubish during the summer, especially at the beach or lake.

Note to girls: You can do nothing more country clubish than own a pair of white linen pants. This is like the 1st Commandment of the country club fashion world, the 2nd being to own many short white skirts, and the 3rd being to wear the horse as much, if not more, than your boyfriend or country club counterparts.

Shoes

Shoes are critical to making an outfit. Tennis shoes should be your best friend most of the year, but do not under any circumstances forget your deck shoes. New Balances are an obvious choice, but Asics are the new country club. You should own at least one pair of boots. If you don't, get with the program. Sandals are clutch on the rare occasion that you show up to class. If you haven't been blessed by Rainbows yet, spend the fifty bucks and you'll never wish you hadn't. Reefs work if you're strapped for cash.

Accessories

Sunglasses and croakies are a must. If you are unsure of what brand to get, just go get Ray Bans, you can't miss there. Costas and Bolles are also fairly safe bets. Keep jewelry to a minimum.

Country Club Color Combos

Pastels are country clubish, yes everyone knows this, but color coordination is key.

Navy Blue/White: This is one of the all-time country clubish color combinations, but must be planned out correctly to be pulled off. If the pants are to be white, they must be WHITE khakis, not the normal tan khaki color. The blue should not be too faded, as it is the stark contrast that provides this combo its country clubish allure.

Light Blue/Dark Blue: Here again, it is the contrast that makes the difference. The light blue should normally be shorts, with the dark, or navy blue, being the shirt.

Pink/Light Blue: One of the best pastel combos possible, as they are two of the most country clubish pastel colors available.

What not to wear:

I was told, as were many of you, that there are a few strict "do nots" in the wardrobe department. The one unacceptable item being the dreaded jean shorts. Never fails, you will still to this day see these. Another don't, which is a bit more arguable, are visors. There is, in my opinion, a time and a place. If it's as a joke, then it's a total country club move. If it's worn on a regular basis as a fashion statement, then we're going to have problems. I know in some parts of this country it's considered "in", but Von Dutch trucker hats are considered "in" there too.

Golfing is an instance where the visor rule can be broken. Contrastingly, if a girl wears a visor in "country club" environments (for lack of a better word), then she is given bonus country club points. Double-ups are also not cool.

I typically wear a white fancy shirt with black short pants a feathered hat and a long green cape. On rare occasions I am naked with a tribal mask.

But always go commando.

Medikit said:
I typically wear a white fancy shirt with black short pants a feathered hat and a long green cape. On rare occasions I am naked with a tribal mask.

Let me guess, you're an Ultima Online aficionado, right? :D

My attire for class usually consists of a pink button down shirt with the collar starched up and a nice pair of light colored dockers. I musn't forget my Doc Martens eithers.

ForensicPath said:
My attire for class usually consists of a pink button down shirt with the collar starched up and a nice pair of light colored dockers. I musn't forget my Doc Martens eithers.

Nice use of the collar. Here is my stance on the collar.

The Collar:

The single greatest thing to come out of the 80's besides George Michael is the "collar up" method of wearing a Polo. While not invented in the 80's, it was brought back and truly revolutionized then. There isn't much about the 80's that isn't country club, but the "collar up" is by far the greatest. But you can't just go prancing around town with your collar up everyday, you have to do it correctly. Here are some easy to follow guidelines for popping your collar.

1). Pop the collar only on a two or three button polo...button down shirts just don't work, as much as you might want them to. Other pieces of attire can be substituted from time to time, such as the fleece, but can only be ruled on in a case by case basis, so pop at your own discretion, or those of a member with better fashion sense than you. Multiple Polos worn in layers must have both collars popped at all times.

2). Popping the collar causes you to look cool, but do NOT act as if you think you are cool - you will be trying too hard. Act as if you yacht on a daily basis.

3) Do not pop the collar at any event in which you don't know at least 5-10 people. You run the risk of being ostracized, and must have multiple other country club members to back you up, in style or physically.

4) When popping the collar, do not button the top button. This produces the look of a dog halo, and is very unappealing.

5) When popping the collar, you must walk around with a completely lost look on your face, as if you are really hammered, even when you're not. This is country club.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brothers Unite!

aambpm.jpg

That is a great hairstyle and just an all-around great example of what we should be striving for. What's perfect is how the emblem on the shirt is a perfect color match to the sweater slung over the shoulder. Pure perfection.

Well I was in the groove that day. Not everyone should expect such perfection in their own pursuit of the country club look.

Shades McCool said:
Don't you need to go study, again?

Is that all you have? Dissing my MCAT score? Thats sad bro, I got a 29 - so ****ing what. I also have a social life, participate in varsity athletics, and 5% body fat. So um, heres my country chub for your country club ass.

Cerbernator said:
Is that all you have? Dissing my MCAT score? Thats sad bro, I got a 29 - so ****ing what. I also have a social life, participate in varsity athletics, and 5% body fat. So um, heres my country chub for your country club ass.

Man you are really sad.

Cerbernator said:
hah, yeah coming from you that hurts :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, you are the one coming out calling people tools. No one was attacking anyone until you showed up. Many other people thought the thread was pretty funny but I guess it is over your head. Either that or you really are insecure about something. I don't know what it is, but I am going to go ahead with my posting and whatnot. If you feel then need to call me or anyone else a tool, go ahead. I really hope it makes you feel better. That is what all of us are here for, making others feel better.

bluedevilchica said:
yeah cerb, better not let those insecurities eat you alive. quit raining on our parade and go back to the Lounge. maybe you'd have better luck there with your streetwalking career.

who the **** are you? What insecurities? ehh what do I expect from a DoUchKie

Just so you know, I recently finished strutting my threads at the U.S. Open in Shinnecock Hills on Long Island. As you may know, Shinnecock is one of the most exclusive country clubs in the world.

See, if I was certain this was a parody thread i'd laugh. However, coming from McTool I am not so sure it is.

Cerbernator said:
See, if I was certain this was a parody thread i'd laugh. However, coming from McTool I am not so sure it is.

Stop posting useless posts

ForensicPath said:
Just so you know, I recently finished strutting my threads at the U.S. Open in Shinnecock Hills on Long Island. As you may know, Shinnecock is one of the most exclusive country clubs in the world.

I was there.

Really I was. But the Hamptons suck. People who aren't from Suffolk County think the Hamptons are the sh1t. But we know better.

bluedevilchica said:
LOL. the more you talk the worse it gets hon. your need to attack others just highlights obvious insecurities. only a select few can have the honor of being called a dukie. clearly you are not one of them. +pity+

Duke was the only school that rejected me for undergrad :mad:. Oh well, I didn't want to go there anyway, my mom said I should apply because the campus was pretty. My school was very country clubish, but I bet I would have been in heaven at Duke. Big East basketball is better anyway.

Let's change the subject. Our country club is way too elite to be arguing with those that cannot gain entrance.

bluedevilchica said:
LOL. the more you talk the worse it gets hon. your need to attack others just highlights obvious insecurities. only a select few can have the honor of being called a dukie. clearly you are not one of them. +pity+

The few, the proud, the trust fund babies

Rugger81 said:
I was there.

Really I was. But the Hamptons suck. People who aren't from Suffolk County think the Hamptons are the sh1t. But we know better.

Yes, finally, a fellow Suffolk County-er. Yes the Hamptons do suck, especially with all the traffic they cause on weekends during the summer.

ForensicPath said:
Yes, finally, a fellow Suffolk County-er. Yes the Hamptons do suck, especially with all the traffic they cause on weekends during the summer.

Yeah, girls need to stop thinking that getting plastered on Dune Rd. on a Friday night will turn them into Paris Hilton.

Cerb is like the hallucinations on "A Beautiful Mind". You cant make him go away, but you CAN ignore him.

Cerbernator said:
Your campus is beautiful, its a shame the students are so goddamn ugly :laugh: :laugh:

That's what UNC girls are for

!dr_nick! said:
Cerb is like the hallucinations on "A Beautiful Mind". You cant make him go away, but you CAN ignore him.

You can try to ignore me but as long as tools exist, the Cerb will be there!

bluedevilchica said:
hahahaha i find this HILARIOUS coming from a desperate, sex-crazed, pathetic-looking banana.

you got me pegged

Honestly, the undergrads at Duke are not the most attractive people. I saw a lot more talent at ECU and UNC.

Also, on what planet is Big East basketball better than ACC? What a stupid thing to say! :eek:

Peterock said:
Honestly, the undergrads at Duke are not the most attractive people. I saw a lot more talent at ECU and UNC.

Also, on what planet is Big East basketball better than ACC? What a stupid thing to say! :eek:

Who currently holds the past 2 NCAA championships? Last time I checked, it wasn't the ACC.

ForensicPath said:
Who currently holds the past 2 NCAA championships? Last time I checked, it wasn't the ACC.

Who currently holds the past 2 Big East football powerhouses (Miami and Virginia Tech)? Last time I checked, it wasn't the Big East... it is the ACC.

Gleevec said:
Who currently holds the past 2 Big East football powerhouses (Miami and Virginia Tech)? Last time I checked, it wasn't the Big East... it is the ACC.

Who cares? I was talking about Big East basketball. I have never been a big fan of college football. It is one of the few instances where I prefer the professional sport.

Shades, why are you taking it so personal? Cerb only called you a tool, there's worse names out there.

bluedevilchica said:
shades is not a tool. don't diss the president.

president of what? your imaginary club? i thought most of us have outgrown that stuff. :smuggrin:

ForensicPath said:
Who cares? I was talking about Big East basketball. I have never been a big fan of college football. It is one of the few instances where I prefer the professional sport.

Well, you might not care, but college football is the most popular college sport. And dont think that 2 teams from the same conference winning the national title is all that impressive, the ACC did it only a couple years ago. That and the ACC had two teams in the Final Four, and was BY FAR the most dominant conference last year.

I mean, its good that out of a much larger pool of mediocre schools the Big East manages to have one randomly be good any given year. But the ACC is good top to middle all year round, and has perennial powerhouses in the top 10.

But then again, if you were a true college basketball fan, you would remember how dominant the ACC was all last year.