• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Attn: Canadian MD/PhD applicants

kk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2000
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hi all,

I don't know how many Canadian MD/PhD applicants visit this board, but I thought it was worth a try. For those who applied to MD/PhD programs at U of T, have you heard anything yet? I know they did send out at least 1 early acceptance. I am still waiting to hear from U of T and UBC (I got wait-listed at McGill). Also, should you have the choice to pick, which school would you attend? Thanks! :wink:

brandonite

Moderator Emeritus
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 19, 2001
    Manitoba, Canada
      I applied to just my home school (Manitoba) due to a variety of mistakes that I made back in September. Anyway, I got accepted there, with a full tuition scholarship.

Thus, I don't really have any info on those particular schools. I would, personally, choose Toronto over UBC. Toronto has a very established MD/PhD program that has a history of getting CIHR MD/PhD studentships for it's students. In addition, should you want to go to the US, they have a strong reputation amongst US residency directors.

For more info about those particular schools, you should check out Ian Wong's premed board at <a href="http://pub44.ezboard.com/bpremed101" target="_blank">http://pub44.ezboard.com/bpremed101</a> .

Hope this helps!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.