Attn Drexel applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverant 1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The mailman may have bad news for you very soon. I received my post secondary (no interview) rejection. Second year applicant. :(

Members don't see this ad.

When was your application complete? I still have yet to hear anything from them. I think I was complete around the first to middle part of November, thanks to someone not sending in their letter of recommendation in a timely manner.

medical123,
they send a postcard a few weeks after your app is complete. have you received that? i received mind several weeks ago but am still waiting to find out if they're granting me an interview. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lola, when were your recs sent?

Ut oh, I am getting a lil queasy b/c I didn't recieve the lil card yet!

my app & lor's were mailed to them september 15th, and the completed app postcard was postmarked october 18th. so i guess it took about a month for them to send out the postcard.

I sent in my secondary application on 10/2. I received their "application complete" post card on 11/25. Rejection recieved 12/6.

Originally posted by Kovox
Lola, when were your recs sent?

Ut oh, I am getting a lil queasy b/c I didn't recieve the lil card yet!

Me either! This isn't looking good!:(

maybe you should call them just to make sure your app is complete.

Hey! my app was sent in 9/9 and i received the application is complete card on 10/8, but haven't heard a word from drexel since then. Does this mean they haven't reviewed my file yet? Or am I on hold? (do they tell people they're on hold) any insight?

I never got anything saying my application was complete from drexel, but i got an interview invitation in the mail yesterday (12/7), so just because you didnt get a card from them doesnt necessarily mean its bad news i guess. oh yeah and my application was probably complete around the end of october/beginning of novemer, since thats when i was getting notices from other schools that everything was in. anyone have an interview at drexel yet?

Sleepy, Congrad on ur interview.
Do u mind if share with us ur stat? MCAT, GPA
Thanx

thanks shakia!

my stats really aren't all that impressive, i had 3.4 cumulative, 3.3 science gpa. i had a few bad semesters at the beginning of college that brought it down, but it was about 3.6-3.7 over my last 5 semesters. i also had a double major in biology and interdisciplinary health services and a business minor. my mcat was 28Q (11V, 8P, 9B). i had some decent ec's, (4 year ice hockey, captain my senior year, a year of research, community service, etc.) i also have about 4 years clinical experience (worked part time all through school and am working full time for my year off) as an ophthalmic technician for a pretty big and well known ophthalmology practice in philly, and got some really good rec letters from some of the MD's there who are on the faculty of some of the philly med schools. its probably this stuff that looks good rather than my average grades and mcat. did you hear from drexel yet shakia?

Sleepy, Thanx for ur respond.
No, I'm still waiting.
good luck on ur interview.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sounds like drexel sent out a bunch of letters. I got mine really fast since i live in philly, so good luck to everyone, you'll probably be hearing from them within the next few days, hopefully you'll be getting some good news!

For those wondering, I got an application complete card on Oct. 23 and got my interview invite the next day by mail. Kind of a weird turnaround, I highly doubt they reviewed my file the next day after it was complete but who knows. I finished their secondary in early September I believe and I was kinda surprised when they sent me a card cause I assumed it was complete alot earlier (but maybe it wasn't, who knows).

Jetson

I received my postcard a few weeks ago and decided to call them for a status report. I was told that I WAS invited to interview and that I should have received a letter. The first available date was 2/6/03. Slots are filling up fast. You may want to call to check the status of your apps.

Originally posted by Carbon
I just called Drexel to check my review status. The woman told me I could expect to receive a letter soon, but she wouldn't say what sort of letter.
She probably would have told me if it was an invitation to interview.
:(

i know it's a different school, but uvm did the same to me & i received an interview invitation in the mail a week later. there's still some hope!

i was also complete there in october i think and i just got an invite to an interview by mail.

carbon, i called them and they told me about my interview so maybe they do tell you by phone. sorry :( you never know though.

Don't give up hope, yet Carbon! Depending on who you have talked to, they may or may not feel comfortable with telling you that you have received an interview over the phone. These offices do employ more than one secretary! Good luck!:)

just to contribute another timeline, app complete confirmed with postcard 9/19. interview invite 10/11.

I sent my secondary to Drexel on 9/28, received the completion acknowledgement on 10/15 (it was post marked 10/9 and I'm only in NYC). My interview offer was received 11/18 (post marked 11/15). I'm now set to interview on 1/30. :clap:
There was likely a delay while they waited for me to send them a letter explaining one of my AMCAS racial fields :rolleyes: They called on 10/31 to ask about the weirdness in question.

Hoping this second round of apps is the charm...

hey guys....

I interviewed 10/24

Accepted 11/15

30S, 3.45

PM me if you have any questions about it....

good luck to all

just have to add this:
I HANDWROTE MY APPLICATION :eek:

I got the complete postcard around Nov 19 and got a letter yesterday in the mail for an interview. Only problem is, they aren't open for interviews until March 24.

so is it safe to say that if you get an invite now, you are probably interviewing for a waitlist position?

Originally posted by Josh03
I got the complete postcard around Nov 19 and got a letter yesterday in the mail for an interview. Only problem is, they aren't open for interviews until March 24.

if you haven't heard from drexel CALL!! i still haven't gotten my interview offer via mail but was apparently lucky to get a march 14 interview date. good luck!

Originally posted by DW
heh heh heh. i handwrote mine too and got invited (not going though) :D

it was a long one too -- the only app i really felt that i should have typed b/c we had to enter in so much info. but i didn't, and apparently they didn't give a damn!

congratulations everyone who got interviews! i got my letter on saturday and called monday, and my interview isnt till march 12. i have friends who go there and some of them interviewed later than that and got in without being put on the waiting list, and drexel pulls a whole lot of people off the waiting list anyway, so dont worry about that. some people typed their applications? man, i did that with a few college applications and there was no way i was going through that again

hey everyone!
I called Drexel the other day to check on my status (my app's been complete since october) and was told that i was in a no decision category - that they would consider me again for an interview in the spring. Has anyone else found out they were in this category? Is this a soft rejection? Any help would be appreciated!

This question is a little different than what others are asking, but has anyone out there interviewed at Drexel already and NOT heard from them? I interviewed way back on Nov. 2, they said it would take six weeks, but winter vacation is soon and I won't be here!

Good luck to everyone still waiting on Drexel and elsewhere. This is my second time around (ZERO interviews first time around). I've had three interviews so far (a fourth at MCV soon apparently) and I have been accepted to two schools in Ohio, so keep up the faith and hope. Also, if you are seniors and for some strange reason you don't get in for next year, definitely keep trying next year. Work hard over the summer in a clinical experience or whatnot. Show 'em you want it bad enough (like I did) and it will happen. You will achieve your dream, sometimes it takes a little more patience and perseverance.

Good luck. :p

So my application was complete for Drexel by early November...it would have been earlier but ya gotta love when your school drops the ball and doesn't send out your LORs...but anyway so the damn thing is complete....but i haven't heard anything except got this indescript postcard saying all your materials have been received...so after reading this thread and hearing its advice i decide to give the admissions office a ring...no sooner than do i say "i want to learn the status of my application", the secretary spits out this email address i HAVE to use...so im like i called can't you just tell me....UMM DENIED...so i emailed and am waiting for a response...how did everyone find out about their status...did you have to get past the gatekeeper....let me know....i think all this stress is beginning to wear away the lining of my tummy+pissed+

ComplexPuzzle, be a little patient. I just got an invite to Drexel today, and its been a while since I got the postcard. I was complete on 10/22 when I called them, and the postcard was dated Nov 13. Plus, the letter I got for the invite today was dated Nov. 27, so there was a delay before I even got my letter. Drexel has been a little behind because of the whole letterhead change at the beginning of the fall. I'm sure you'll get the invite in no time.

the second i decide to open my big mouth and complain, b_tch, or wateva you call it...i arrive home to find a lovely letter from drexel requesting my presence in the city of brotherly love....and i was worried that there would be no sisterly love....crisis overted....HELL YEAH...might this dream of becoming a doctor finally become a reality:confused:....i hope so:D

Congrats ComplexPuzzle, what did I tell ya, you'd get that interview in no time. Good luck!

Originally posted by sleepyhouse
i got my letter on saturday and called monday, and my interview isnt till march 12.

Wow, thats pretty late for being invited rather early! :eek:
Was March 12th the earliest date that they had available?

thanks for the heads up.... i've been waiting for a rejection or interview... i finally got the letter and it was an interview! :) Yay!;)

ok - i know you guys are gonna hate me for it, but i have to ask - for the people who just received interviews, what are your stats?

Hi guys,

I called Drexel yesterday to check the status of my application and they told me that I should just email them...to find out.

They have not sent me my status since.
Do they take a long time to get back to you?

Thanks

I sent a status check email to Drexel on 11/25 and finally received a reply on 12/3 that application was complete and in line to be reviewed

Anton

Originally posted by SolidGold
Wow, thats pretty late for being invited rather early! :eek:
Was March 12th the earliest date that they had available?

well...the thing about drexel is they interview soooo many people...according to usnews its like 1660 are interviewed and a little over 800 are accepted. in addition they have a really big class...like 250 i think. so although it does seem early....with the number of applicants they interview its not surprising that a dec invite translates into a march interview. i was pretty pissed about having a march int too. thats a good thing in a sense i suppose as drexel isn't my first choice so hopefully i'll be in somehwere by then and can just cancel the int there.

i just got an interview, but i'm withdrawing (running out of money for these interviews). my stats are 31P, 3.77 (3.7 science) good luck.

Originally posted by abw
ok - i know you guys are gonna hate me for it, but i have to ask - for the people who just received interviews, what are your stats?

Got my invite Monday...

33Q
3.29 sci/3.44 total from UC

my interview is also in March :oops:( But hopefully I'll have my unconditional for USUHS before then :oops:)

Thanks ayj.

For all those who got a interview at Drexel... Good Luck.

What is their turnover like? I interviewed 11/19 and I was wondering if I should expect to hear from them before Christmas or not? Thanks guys.

Greetings everyone. I applied to Drexel with lower than average numbers (3.4 32P). My application was complete in the beginning of October and I received an invitation for interview on 12/9. If and when you get an invite, get on it and CALL IMMEDIATELY. The first slot available for me was 3/12. I took 3/15 as I will be flying into town. Guess I will miss you by one day lola... One thing that I am kinda bummed about is the late interview date. Isn't there some provision about schools needing to offer a whole class-size worth of admissions by mid or late March? I realize that schools end up admitting atleast twice as many spots as there are available, but it does kinda suck that atleast half of those are already gone before I step in the door...

Also, anyone who has interviewed there or knows the area well... any tips for someone traveling from out of town? Places to stay? How to get around? The earliest one should book a flight out of town on the evening of the interview?

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck everyone who have invites coming up. I had my interview 11/22, but my file was complete 9/23. So, the lag that you guys seem to be experiencing b/w secondary and interview is pretty consistent. (Keep in mind that the faculty/staff won't be working for about half the month of December for the holidays.)

I have a 28Q, 3.57 sci, 3.68 AO, 3.6 overall, B.S. at UC Irvine.

Btw, typed my app w/ an old school typewriter. :)

Originally posted by uwcoxswain
I applied to Drexel with lower than average numbers (3.4 32P).

How is a 32P lower than average?

I also received my interview notification this week. After this thread I called on Mon and was told over the phone that I was offered an interview (the letter came the same day). Mar 12th was the earliest spot.

Anyone else have info on interview date/acceptances at Drexel? I get the feeling that I'll be competing for the last 2 spots in the class at that point :rolleyes:

Who else will be there on the 12th?

Stats (don't laugh)
3.4 (3.1sci), 4.0 postbacc, 3.1 grad, 34P