Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Henna, Apr 23, 2002.
Can we get a new Advanced standing Program forum, please ?
yes, could we?
i feel this would help a lot of people.
All the adv students seems to be posting their request on another thread, could you please take a look at it <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000988;p=8" target="_blank">Advanced standing-questions?</a>
We would like to have a new forum for advanced standing students, this would help many foreign graduates.
We are foreign trained dentists with unique set of requirements for admission. Our problems and questions do not fit into Dental or Pre-dental category. We have a lot of issues to be discussed and so please be kind enough to give us a separate forum.
I just emailed this page to Lee. Let's see what happens!!
Ok Now that Lee is definitely going to read it ,
I just want to mention a few more things ( justification ) as to why we require a new forum.
1) we are Foreign dental graduates with very different individual backgrounds unlike most of the regular pre-dents.
2) Our application process is very different, in that we dont require DAT or MCAT.
3) We need to prepare for NDB part 1 & 2 , which in it self is a horrendous task so we need SDN support and advice
4) Our interview and evaluation process is very unique ( & weird ).
5) Not all schools have the advanced standing program. Which makes it all the more difficult for the candidates when they start off with the application process.
6) Most adv students dont have a clue about how each school manages the IDP ( International dentist program), as they have no other sources which will give them this kind of information.
7) Some of us have being accepted into the program and so we will be able to help the candidates who plan to apply in the future .
8)Most of the candidates who apply for IDP are from various other countries, just very recently settled down in north America so its diffcult to develop contacts and get information.
9) The requirements of each school is different, like some have only interviews , whereas other schools have a theory and/or practical tests. Every school has a different application form.( most dont know that )
10) It will be easier on everyone ( me ) if the information is put on the forum, so we wont have to PM the same info again and again.
11) There are many advanced standing students and applicants in this forum. They will feel rather encouraged to come forward to share their experiences and opinion if we have an advanced standing sanctuary.
12) We feel left out of SDN right now .
It would be very much appreciated if you could give us foreign dental graduates a 'small corner' within the SDN forum to address our specific issues.
The fact of the matter is that we simply can't draw sufficient attention to our 'posts' that often get 'lost' or 'diluted' in midst of tons of other pre-dent/dental topics.
We often times come across forum members who mistake us for 1st year american dental students .
Moreover since we come from various dental educational backgrounds this specialized forum will help us to 'pool our experiences' and thus optimise our time and money in the pursuit of our dental careers here in the U.S.A
In light of the myraid of problems we foreign dental grads face, could you kindly respond positively to our request.
<img border="0" alt="[Clappy]" title="" src="graemlins/clappy.gif" /> Pls Help us!,.. to help ourselves better!
A forum for advanced standing students would be great!
It is very difficult and time consuming to read through all the posts to find the ones related to this subject. I think it would benefit a great number of people that currently don't use the Board.
Please help us.
Yes, I strongly support to set up a forum for advanced standing students. It will be more convenient and helpful.
As you all can see, Lee doesn't visit us in the Pre-Dental Forum that much. If you want your messege heard, then you must post in the "Lounge" to get his attention. Good luck
I did post a request in the lounge too , he said he'll give us a forum..but no signs of it till now ..
I started this thread here as most adv students don't visit the lounge.
Thnx yah !